Sending Emails To Entries In My Database

wayne

Using PHP/mySQL

Have a database of registrants and one field is their email address.Want to allow event director to log in to a secure area, fill out a form with the message and be able to send the message to all the registrants to his event.

I created a form with 2 fields. From address (this will be the event director's address) and a text field for the content of the email. These are sent to the variables $eventdirectoremail and $body.

2 issues:

1. paragraphs are not kept, when the confirmation page comes up all text just runs together.

2. I want to use the following general format. I can get the data from the database no problem into the variable $emailaddressesfromdatabase. The $eventdirectoremail and $body are grabbed from the form.

$headers = "From: $eventdirectoremail\r\n";

$headers .= "Reply-To: $eventdirectoremail\r\n";

// $headers .= "To: $eventdirectoremail\r\n";

$headers .= "bcc: "$emailaddressesfromdatabase"\r\n";

$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";

$headers .= "X-Priority: 1\r\n";

$headers .= "X-MSMail-Priority: High";

$mail_subject = "Subject is here";

$mail_body = "$body\n";

mail("$email", $mail_subject, $mail_body, $headers, "-f".$eventdirectoremail);

not being sent, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: the problem with the lines running together, make sure there's a nl2br($body) in there somewhere.

As for e-mails not sending, I'm having the same problem. Whether I set e-mails to be sent to each DB address separately or add them all as Bcc's, some addresses get the e-mails and most don't.

I have looked further into this and found out that DADA mail is ideal for me. I have installed it and set it to use a mysql backend for the email addresses. A little tweaking of the conifg.pm file to remove some options on the list page and I can let my event directors log in and send an event update to registrants without fear of them editing the list properties.

--- settings removed ---

Thanks for your suggestions.

Wayne

Edit: TCH-Bruce - settings removed to prevent spammers from catching on