Sidebar Not Showing After Posting

phatfunkjazz

Just curious, has anyone else had this experience in Wordpress 2.0? After a seamless installation, then posting any new item, the sidebar simply disappears. I've checked the Wordpress Help Forums, read the documentation, and tried several "fixes". The curious thing is, I have never had this issue prior to this version.

Here is how it looks:

h**p://***.phatfunkjazz.com/stefan/wordpress

thanks,

Stefan

It's not a WordPress issue. View your source and you'll see four divs that don't below in your code, one of which isn't closed... and the effect is that it "eats" some of the layout divs that follow it

><div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; width: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks147BorderDiv7046" />
<div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; width: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks493BorderDiv6908" />
<div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; height: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks598BorderDiv5948" />
<div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; height: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks994BorderDiv8749" />

</div>
	</div>
		  </div>

It's not a WordPress issue. View your source and you'll see four divs that don't below in your code, one of which isn't closed... and the effect is that it "eats" some of the layout divs that follow it

><div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; width: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks147BorderDiv7046" />
<div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; width: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks493BorderDiv6908" />
<div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; height: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks598BorderDiv5948" />
<div style="border: 2px solid orange; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: absolute; height: 0px; display: none; z-index: 99999" id="Clipmarks994BorderDiv8749" />

</div>
	</div>
		  </div>

Thanks surefire,

I checked it out, but since Wordpress has several php files that generate the final page, it's not so simple for me to find the file that is putting out the source code. I'll find it...you betcha!

Stefan

Okay, I validated the main Wordpress page at the "World Wide Web Consortium" (or W3C) site. Here is the result:

The document located at <http://www.phatfunkjazz.com/stefan/wordpress/> was checked and found to be valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional. This means that the resource in question identified itself as "XHTML 1.0 Transitional" and that we successfully performed a formal validation using an SGML or XML Parser (depending on the markup language used).

The problem seems to be in how I setup the configuration from the Admin section of Wordpress. ;)

From reading the forums at WordPress web site, there have been many users who experienced similar problems.

Stefan

To me, those divs look similar to the garbage created by copying and pasting from Word. It could be something to do with the new WYSIWYG editor in WP 2 but I didn't have any issues on the three blogs I updated.