Tryng To Publish!

Stacy

I have published my site several times and this is the first time I have had this problem. When trying to publish my "member Site" which is a subsite with password protection, it tells me that I am not authrized to do so, tells me i have to get permission from the sites admistrator. ? I have used my FP password and it still does not let me, what I have I done wrong?? I am frustrated lol... when I first updated my site and published it, everything was fine.. now this.

Can anyone help?

THanks

Stacy

Did you create a FrontPage child-web? If so, typically a child web inherits the same settings as the parent (main web).... and if you changed them so that it requires a password for someone to visit that URL, you then must also set a user up who can publish to the site too... this is usually the adminstrator of the site.

yes I set up a child web off my main web, I had the admistrator all set up but when I went in and did some format changes to the website, it all went hirewire from there. I can't get back into the site administrator now because when I try to "Open Site" straight off my URL, it now won't let me because it's asking for the password again. So I am totally lost. grrr..

Thank you for trying to help.. I will keep searching

Stacy

Hello,

A few things are a little unclear here as to how the password protection was setup, when you did setup the password protection did you do it through cPanel or did you do it through frontpage (as they have an option too).

The next question is when its asking for your password again whats the name of the popup box, normally you will find the name just above the username. This will let us know if its your actual password protection thats blocking the upload or something different.

(see my attachment for an example)

post-6883-1136919797_thumb.jpg

Hey guys I just wanted to come back and say I solved this issue.. sorta. I actually was able to get everything set up fine and then two days ago one of my members sent me an email saying as soon as they hit my URL to got to my website it was going straight to my "paid" members site! AUGH! So I have started all over, publised once.. everything was fine.. NOW I have another issue maybe you can help.

I made some updates to my site, published it as I always do and on my 'index' page it has a link to the 'main web site' and it's not working. when you hit the link it says "page can not be found" I have the link below if you will go and see if maybe you can see something. I would appreciate any help.

If you guys can figure out what is going I I would just lOVE IT!!! Because my site is not publishing now at all expect for the index page..

Thanks!

Stacy