Filtering Forwarded Emails For Spam

jrd

I've set up a forwarder on one of my e-mail addresses and Spam Assassin appeared to keep working on the forwarded email.

But when I then deleted the inbox and just keep the address forwarding, Spam Assassin stopped filtering the mail sent to that address and all the spam got forwarded (don't worry, it's not an AOL address).

I would like to keep filtering my mail sent to this address of spam, so that the spam is not forwarded.... but I don't need to keep the mail in the inbox on TCH servers as well, as I'll have to keep emptying that.

So.... does anyone know any way to keep filtering the mail sent to my account, that I'm forwarding, via Spam Assassin without keeping an inbox on TCH servers....

Or, if not possible, a way to automatically delete all the email from my inbox after a certain number of days or after it reaches a certain size, so it doesn't fill up?

Thanks!

I don't think you can arrange it without setting up a mail box, because of the order in which the filters / spam assassin work.

I would probably set up the account, then add three filters.

1 to delete all mail marked by spam assasin as spam

a second to forward any email to your other account and

a third to delete all emails.

If you do them in that order, I think it should do what you want. You can always test it on a dummy account.