Advanced Guestbook Problem

zpry

The other day my server (20) was updated and there were problems with the php pages. That is all working fine now after I sent in my help ticket. :thumbup1: The only residual problems I have left are my guestbooks. I can go into a lot more detail about the series of events that led up to my current problem.. but I will save that only for those interested, or if you think it will help correct the problem.

Basically - the problem is this now.

My current two guestbooks do not work. I had updated them from within Cpanel to a newer version, and after doing so, when I try to visit them now I get this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/smiling/public_html/guestbook_candy/index.php on line 31

I then tried to install a brand new Advanced Guestbook from the Cpanel. I just clicked the link to install a brand new guestbook- and that guestbook gives me the same error when I try to visit it.

What I REALLY would like is to have my two old guestbooks back working, but at this point I would even be happy with starting fresh with two new guestbooks - but I can't get a new one to work either.

I am pretty sure that when I installed the first guestbooks a year or so ago that all I had done was click the button in Cpanel and it did all the work for me.

Is anyone else having problems with their Advanced Guestbooks? I really like to keep things simple, and using the programs that are inside Cpanel is what I prefer to do. I do know how to use my sabEthaedit to change my text files. I am not that confident with most of this stuff though - so, any clear simple advice would be appreciated.

Thanks - I just reopened my ticket. I think the problem is that I had so many problems a few day ago - that the guestbooks seemed like the least of them at the time. I kept checking the forums over the last few days to see if anyone else had a problem with their guestbooks!