Adv Guestbook Script Changes Please?

Sheila

One of my clients' guestbooks has started to be spammed & a couple of changes to the message entry options would help her a lot. I wonder if any of you script gurus out there can give me some pointers please?

I don't want to install anything fancy since she's not up to speed with managing scripts (it's not my strongest suit either - I hit the upgrade button late last night & had to ask the Help Desk to put the resulting mess right a few seconds later. Yikes!!). All I'm looking to do at this point is to stop anyone adding comments to existing messages plus stopping anyone including their own url in the data they provide.

I'm not confident about finding the relevant bits of code within the g/b admin to fiddle with this myself - can anyone tell me what I should be altering/removing to achieve what I want to do?

Many thanks in advance!

After making a backup of my advanced guestbook database

cpanel > backup > download database

I installed Lazarus Guestbook, written by a family member, Carbonize, its a rewrite of the advanced guestbook.

And then I ran the upgrade mode and lost no messages.

Now I can accept or delete posts before they show up on line, by using the moderate mode.

I'll have a look at it - thanks Don! I suspect my client won't want to be involved in moderating messages & frankly I don't have the time available to run that part of her site...... hence wanting to amend the visitors' options a little rather than install a different script :)

We have a solution! If you care to call it that :blush: :D

My client panicked at the mere idea of having to do anything herself & asked me to remove the guestbook. Problem solved. Perhaps the next time a client asks for a guestbook I'll do the Lazarus install right from the outset!

We have a solution! If you care to call it that :) <_<

My client panicked at the mere idea of having to do anything herself & asked me to remove the guestbook. Problem solved. Perhaps the next time a client asks for a guestbook I'll do the Lazarus install right from the outset!

That is to bad. She could have kept all her present GB entries. When she upgraded to Lazarus.

• 1 month later...