Squirrelmail Is Now Standard!

Rick, Alan and myself have been hard at work the past couple hours. Here is why -

Over the past few months users have been asking if we could provide a web based email that was accessible via port http port 80.

Well, we have heard your requests loud and clear.

Effective as this is posted SquirrelMail is now STANDARD on every server.

Yes that’s right its now standard.

SquirrelMail runs over port 80, so it will not be a blocked port. Also, SquirrelMail loads much faster than horde or neomail.

Full documentation for SquirrelMail can be found here –

http://www.squirrelmail.org/

Ok enough of this on to the goodness –

http://******/sqmail/

Full documentation for SquirrelMail can be found here –

Enjoy and please give us feedback.

Of course you'd pick that url. The one where I had installed my testing/playing-around version of SquirrelMail in my domain. :D

Seriously though, I'm glad to see this. This will make many, many people happy. Yet another reason why I've been so glad that I chose this company to host my site last October.

Of course you'd pick that url. The one where I had installed my testing/playing-around version of SquirrelMail in my domain. :D

Seriously though, I'm glad to see this. This will make many, many people happy. Yet another reason why I've been so glad that I chose this company to host my site last October.

Yeah, that's where I installed mine as well. I just renamed the directory and did a little editting and it coexists fine.

Yeah, that's where I installed mine as well. I just renamed the directory and did a little editting and it coexists fine.

That's what I did too. To be honest, I don't use it anyways. I only had it there to test out things before I came back to the forums to pretend like I knew what I was talking about. :D

Perlsonally, I just ssh to my home machine (when I'm at work at least) and run fetchmail and mutt. :)

Hey, this is great! I really like the speed that it works at! The only issue I am having is I cannot get my "preferences" (under options) to change at all! My username is still defaulting to "user@domain.com"...not the full name i entered. It sounds odd...but this was the only post I could find on the Squirelmail webpage: http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/Cha...IdentityProblem

Am I able to access the files? Anythoughts on how this could be fixed? Thanks!

-Dave (another satisfied customer ;) )

I can link to the /sqmail login page okay but I'd like to have the login screen as part of a main page. I tried to copy the source code and paste it into a main page but it doesn't work and I don't understand HTML enough to see where the problem is.

Is there login code available that I can cut and paste into a main web page?

Jerry

Thank you for installing SquirrelMail; I've been using it for a couple years on various web sites. :D

Question: there are some useful plugins that extend the features, i.e., import/export addressbook to a CSV file. These plugins, available at the SquirrelMail site can only be installed via shell access. I know y'all are busy maintaining our servers, maybe :blink: you could please install some of those plugins?

Stefan

Stefan .. re: SquirrelMail plugins -- most of the plugins are tar.gz files. You DO NOT need shell access to install. The cPanel's File Manager allows you to unzip and install a tar.gz file!

-kw

KW,

Question about plugins, too. I would love to use some of the plugins available, but don't they have to be in the same dir as sqmail? If so, then the standard installation does not give me access to sqmail dir, does it?

I think I'm puzzled. Any light?

Li

Hi,

Interesting new toy.

Can't seem to find out how to set specific spam rules. Only public black lists. I'm looking to set a rule up for filtering messages with the Spam Assassin text in the body of the message..

Any thoughts?

TheFuzz

Hey, this is great!  I really like the speed that it works at!  The only issue I am having is I cannot get my "preferences" (under options) to change at all!  My username is still defaulting to "user@domain.com"...not the full name i entered.  It sounds odd...but this was the only post I could find on the Squirelmail webpage: http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/Cha...IdentityProblem

Am I able to access the files?  Anythoughts on how this could be fixed?  Thanks!

-Dave (another satisfied customer  :( )

Has anyone found the answer to this? Having sqmail use Firstname Lastname when a message is send instead of username@domain.com?

Thanks,

-John

i've been having thesame problem as people before - i had a squirrelmail installation before it became standard (directory same as the standard one) and now i cannot change my conf.pl settings ( i posted separately about this).

changing things like name, etc, is just not working - i save the data but when i login, i can see nothing has changed. running the conf.pl file again shows that the changes have been saved... but they just dont show up.

thus my question is: what do i do? it seems to me there must be two conf.pl files........ how can i access the installation of the conf.pl file i changed? can i delete the sqmail directory?

should i reinstall everything?

many thanks!

• 1 month later...
just in case anyone asks username is name@****** ;)

Could you please clarify this? I tried using the same name(with @domain.com) and password as I use to get into Cpanel, and it didn't work. Where do you specify the name and password that SquirrelMail is supposed to use?

Thanks, Turtle. I tried again before I saw your post and it works now--must have mistyped something. But I went into spam filtering in options and I see this message: "WARNING! Tell your admin to set the SpamFilters_YourHop variable." Now what should I do?

Cool webmail and loads faster too!

Btw, is it possible to add in an option where the user can log in and change their e-mail password from there? Either in Horde, Neomail or Squirrel. I want to give the user the flexibility to be able to change their password without having to e-mail me all the time and this would really be a cool feature to have in the webmail.

Kathy, if you are loging in with your cpanel name

leave off the @yoursite

and just use cpanel name

Great! I'm in there now. But I went into spam filtering in options and I see this message: "WARNING! Tell your admin to set the SpamFilters_YourHop variable." Now what should I do?