Virtual Account Transfer To Reseller?

rnmcd

I have 3 virtual hosting accounts, each are fully paid for one year, with TCH. I am considering switching to a reseller account instead of adding another virtual hosting acccount. Can I apply the credit I have for my Virtual Hosting Accounts toward a Reseller Account?

Edited by rnmcd

When you do get your reseller account, the help desk can transfer your current accounts into your WHM

but keep in mind, the package space and bandwidth you have now

will be the default when transferred, so create your own packages of space and bandwidth

and then use the upgrade/downgrade to adjust the space and bandwidth used by the current accounts.

Normally you will not need as much.

If the three accounts combined space and bandwidth are close to the reseller account you get,

you may want to have one transferred at a time, and downgrade them

and then request the next one to be transferred.

• 8 months later...
Basically, yes. What usually happens is that you sign up for a reseller, and we will refund any unused, prepaid amount on the virtual accounts.

Is the credit/refund process for converting from prepaid virtual accounts to resller accounts different than with a non-prepaid virtual account?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to do this same thing, except I've got 7 virtual accounts and who knows how many databases. :)

If I have the help desk transfer these 1 at a time (which is great advice, thanks!), I'm wondering what happens to the databases? I'm guessing the usernames/database names won't be the same as they are now, and that's going to completely disable most of the sites.

Would it be better just to take a database backup of each site, have it transfered and then import the database myself?

I'm about to do this same thing, except I've got 7 virtual accounts and who knows how many databases. :)

If I have the help desk transfer these 1 at a time (which is great advice, thanks!), I'm wondering what happens to the databases? I'm guessing the usernames/database names won't be the same as they are now, and that's going to completely disable most of the sites.

Would it be better just to take a database backup of each site, have it transfered and then import the database myself?

Nothing happens, the only thing that will change for each account is:

1. the account is now under the ownership of your reseeler account

2. the account will be moved to a new server

3. you assign the account a plan you create

They should retain the same username. The only exception would be if that username was already in use on the reseller server you are transferred to, but then you'd be given notice and a chance to figure out the best way to deal with changing it. The databases would be moved respective to the sites they belong to currently (so as long as you don't have pages from one account accessing a database in another account, you shouldn't run into any problems during the move).

It's always a good idea to make a backup copy for yourself, but you shouldn't have to restore them yourself.