MT Comments

emuller

Hi.

For a couple of weeks now I have noticed that the server is very sluggish in responding only when I try to get to my comments on my blog. All other functionality is speedy as usual (creating new posts, etc.). But when I try to go the listing of my comments, the server hangs up for a long time and sometimes gives me a timeout error.

Is anyone else finding this? Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks.

--Eric

blog: http://www.isthatlegal.org

You do have at least 9 external objects that can slow down a page and leave you hung for a while untill they respond.

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/service...sthatlegal.org/

.The history one was the worst.

I did not have any slowness on the comments.

Is it always the same slowness?

or now and then like a routing issue somewhere?

Perhaps I was unclear in my initial message. (Thanks for the speedy responses, by the way!!)

The lag is not in accessing the comments; it's something I experience when I try to access the comment-management page from the Movable Type interface.

And this is something I experience almost all the time, for the last couple of weeks.

I've had this problem once or twice across all of my domains, but it's usually the MT interface in general.

It's odd that it only happens with the comments page. Maybe open up a ticket with Sixapart or on the MT Support forums, since it doesn't seem to be a server issue.