Upload Error

stix

Hi Fellow WP Bloggers....

I am trying to sort out a blog and all is looking good but the file upload option is giving me the following error message.....

Warning: copy(/home/wwwcape/public_html/img/cape_front.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wwwcape/public_html/wp-admin/upload.php on line 170

Couldn't upload your file to /home/wwwcape/public_html/img/cape_front.jpg.

I have double checked my CHMOD settings and all is in order there. i had a look at the Wordpress support forums and its a bit of mixture some saying cosde error some saying host error....

ANy help would be appreciated

Many Thanks for excellent forums !

Make sure the "img" folder in "public_html" is CHMOD 777

Do not make "public_html" 777 just "img"

In Wordpress make sure you have set the Maximum size of images to upload on the Options --> Miscellaneous tab and that you have set a minimum level to upload. Oh and make sure the check box is checked to allow uploads.

• 1 month later...
i made my images folder in public_html to 777 and i get the following error:

i even tried manually generating the wp-content/uploads folder and ones that WP keeps asking for on subsequent tries. finally i get this error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/downtimer1.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-admin/admin-functions.php on line 1757

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpjsNdU7' to '/home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/downtimer1.jpg' in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-admin/admin-functions.php on line 1757

The uploaded file could not be moved to .

Edited by sk4sk4

Your concern is correct...it's not a good idea! I would suggest to drop a note to the help desk and have them change the folders that are set to 777 to 775 and have the ownership changed to 'nobody'. (I remember seeing that elsewhere in the forums but couldn't find it at the moment!) I've done that on several folders of one of my sites as, like you, I just couldn't live with a folder being wide open like that!