Sign in to follow this  
zilla

Can I Use Front Page Extensions Only On A Subdomain

I've enjoyed being a TCH family member now, and I'm considering setting up another site for our church. I would set up a youth.ourchurch.org subdomain for our youth minister to be in charge of, but I think he uses FrontPage, while I don't even own the software. I know how to set up a subdomain with its own ftp access. So... could I set it where the main website doesn't use the extensions, but where the subdomain does? Thanks!

I don't know of a way to do that. But you don't have to use the FP extensions on the rest of your site.

In cPanel there is only an option to add or remove the extensions.

are you saying that I could have them enabled on my entire site and it wouldn't interfere with my uploading pages? I just realized that I really have no clue what frontpage extensions are, I've just been assuming some things about them. :oops:

Unless the extenstions are installed you cannot publish with FrontPage unless you use FTP.

So yes, I am saying that if they are installed they will do no harm to the rest of your site. If you don't use FP then you really don't need the added folders the extensions create.