Reading Email Via Yahoo

superjux

I havent used it for a while, but this is what I did per the instructions.

First go to Options, then account POP access and forwarding.

Check web and pop access

Configure your email program with the following settings

Server Settings

Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com

using SMTP port 587

Account Name/Username: email

Email address: email@yahoo.com

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

wampthing I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I believe they want to check OTHER POP mail using Yahoo and not check Yahoo using POP. Although I could be wrong.

LOL

I never was one for attention to detail. I think I just like to hear myself talk.

Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

So the "webmail" accounts we have here at TCH are pop3.. So what is the mail server url? What is the syntax/format.

I am also trying to get my yahoo account to recieve emails from my webmail accounts. I have the upgraded yahoo account that alows this, just not sure of the details above. New to the whole we world..

Thanks

The Help Site has instructions on how to set up some of the popular email programs which you can use to read your TCH Webmail on your PC via POP3.

Email Client Setup

If you need any further help come back here and post and someone will probably be able to help you out.

The Help Site has instructions on how to set up some of the popular email programs which you can use to read your TCH Webmail on your PC via POP3.

Email Client Setup

If you need any further help come back here and post and someone will probably be able to help you out.

thank you, I also have been wondering how to do that, now how about the incoming and outgoing server ports? no I need to enter in a number, or leave them blank

• 11 months later...
Hi. Has anyone been able to configure their Yahoo mail to allow them to check their POP mail? I can't seem to get it to work properly.

Thanks!

Hilary

Was the OP's question answered? I can't seem to figure out how to check my Squirrel Mail in Yahoo either.

Was the OP's question answered? I can't seem to figure out how to check my Squirrel Mail in Yahoo either.

I think I do have my Yahoo setup properly to read POP mail. It just works differently than I had anticipated--I was under the mis-impression that Yahoo would check the POP account periodically and display any new mail. I think you have choose to check your POP mail.