Size Is Not Everything

TCH-JimE

Hi,

I brought Shuttle SN41G2 a few months back and I have to say I love it. Why? Well:

• Its small. No i mean its really small. Take 1 size of A4, its smaller then the length and breadth of this. This means I can pick it up and carry it around the house without a problem and I don't strain my back!
  • Its brushed aluminum case is beautiful
  • It has a AGP slot and PCI slot, as well as on-board sound, Firewire, USB and graphics already provided. Ok so no printer port but funnily enough, I am not bothered any longer by this!
  • My current spec is a Radeon 9000 64Mb machine with 512 Mb DDR ram driving a Xp1800+ Athlon chip, 80 gigs hard disk with 40X CDRW in it. I also have a 5.1 creative sound card in here which I may take out soon.
  • Its quiet. Its not dead quiet and I can still hear the fan, and the CDRW is very very noisy but thats not the cases fault.

Downsides:

• Its expensive
  • The PCI slot can get in the way of the CD drive if you have one fitted although rubber supports are used to stop any scratching
  • Its fiddly. If you never built a computer before, don't buy this as your first one because the spare space is none existent
  • It wont take some AGP cards which require a space PCI slot.

Basically I love it, its compact, chic, fast and has a cool blue light on the front of it ;)

Link: http://www.shuttle.com/new/product/barebon...s_b.asp?B_id=11

Jim

Shuttle makes some of the BEST mirco atx computer systems!

I'm building a PC a lot like the shuttle systems, micro atx VIA EPIA M10000 motherboard (6" x 6" in size) I'll post a link to my write up for the system once its done. ;)