Daylight Saving Time Ends

TCH-Thomas

Thanks borfast. I've been registered for almost a year, and really should post more often :)

TCH-Rob, basically Daylight Savings Time's (often known as DST or Summer Time) main purpose is to make better use of daylight. This (usually) involves either moving the clocks forward an hour, or back an hour, to prevent sleeping long past sunrise.

This provides a better match between hours of daylight and the active hours of work/school. DST is usually most used in temperate regions due to the considerable variation in the amount of daylight versus darkness through the seasons in these areas.

Edited by klibreck

klibreck, I think Rob was being sarcastic lol. Rob and I live in Arizona, which does not participate in daylight savings time. So it's nice not to have to remember to change your clocks. I used to live in Nebraska and forgot to reset my clock once, and was late for work :clapping: so it's nice not to have to worry about it :)

Great advice Steve. Though, you sure you guys want to keep me around? My wife keeps telling me to go to bed before she does and she will make sure I get a real good nights sleep. Kinda creeps me out. I am not sure if a smoke detector will help me in this case.

I won't even go there! :)

My wife keeps telling me to go to bed before she does and she will make sure I get a real good nights sleep. Kinda creeps me out. I am not sure if a smoke detector will help me in this case.

My girlfriend keeps a 4-1/2 lb. cast iron tortilla skillet around in case I get out of line:

post-4886-1130681460_thumb.jpg

It's a challenge to keep coming up with new hiding place for the skillet so she won't find it while I'm sleeping! :)