Php.ini Override Questions

pogany

OK, I get that I can't directly edit the php.ini file on my shared server here. It looks from other posts here like I can override some values by setting them in an .htaccess file. I've got 2 options set to new values like this (I want to increase upload file size limit):

php_value upload_max_filesize 100MB

php_value post_max_size 100MB

This doesn't seem to be working. When I use my PHP application to upload files, it still won't upload anything over the 2MB limit set in the php.ini file.

The .htaccess file is in a subdirectory of my website (****/clients/). Does it need to be at root level? Or is there something else I need to change?

I notice that the post_max_size value in php.ini is set to 55MB, while upload_max_size is 2MB. Is it possible that you could set both values to 55MB? This would effectively solve my problem.

Thanks,

Sam

---

This is working for me now, thanks for the tips! I modified .htaccess at my root level. Now that I know it works, I can try changing at lower levels to restrict access a little.

Thanks again for quick response. This is my first post here, but I've learned a TON from reading these boards. Great resource!

Sam

---