songbirdie

Invision Free And My Site Domain

I feel like a dork for asking a question that should probably be very simple to figure out -- and may be posted elsewhere -- but I am stuck and my searching for answers has just made me more confused. I am a new website owner and I am pretty much learning as I go.

I have published my site using frontpage. I have my site up and running, complete with an invision free message board. Everything is working great. The site and the board are both getting a good amount of traffic. What I want to do is change the URL for the message board to one that has the domain/site name in it rather than invision free. (gregvaughan.net/board or /forum for example.)

Here is the domain/site: www.gregvaughan.net

here is the exsisting URL for the msg board: http://s13.invisionfree.com/GregVaughan/index.php?

When I go into my admin panel and add the domain name it gives me this error message:

Admin CP Message

The domain you have entered does not appear to point to this server at this time. The domain should point to 67.15.181.31

Anyone have any clues for me? What can I do to make this work?

Edited by songbirdie

The domain name you have (gregvaughan.net) points to a TCH server. To do what you want, you would have to point the domain name at the invisioinfree server. However, that is not advised as I don't know if invision free allows this (check their TOS/AUP), and also your domain would no longer bring your visitors to your TCH site.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I posted the same question on the Invision Free forum and they say it can be done in WHM but not cpanel. Ok, me being the totally green newbie that I am, I have no clue about WHM, all I have used is cpanel. How do I access WHM?

this is the linked reply on the invision forum:

http://support.invisionfree.com/index.php?showtopic=108774