Blacklisted Host

Hi all.

In emailing a colleague today, I started getting undeliverables back saying that my host is blacklisted. I use my TCH account as my email server.

Here's the actual text from the response email I get:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

name@address

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<name@address>:

host mx1.spamsoap.com [66.179.26.136]: 591 your host [66.179.26.158] is blacklisted. Send your questions to blacklist-admin@darkstar.address

(name@address aren't real of course. Did i need to say that? :rolleyes:

The IP address is TCH's.

I've dropped a note a to my colleague (to his Gmail address this time), but is there anything at my end I should do or be concerned about?

Thanks.

Based upon the information I have, neither one of the IP's belong to TCH. Of course, I possibly might not have the most latest information. To be sure, drop a ticket to the help desk and they can look into it.

That IP actually belongs to MXLogic. Are you perhaps using MXLogic anti-spam service for anything, or sending your emails out through your Internet service provider instead of through TCH?

Although I find it ironic that one anti-spam service is blacklisting another. :)

Thanks, everyone. Of course I'd assumed the IP address was TCH's. I use my TCH account for routing my email.

In any event, it seems that the problem was wholly at my colleague's end. He says he's fixed whatever it was. Indeed, I've had no more such email issues with him.

Thanks.