Feeling Defeated

acsteve

WOW i can not remember feeling like i have been whipped.I first posted in dreamweaver of TCH about not being able to connect to mysql. Then i got it. using the % sign in access hosts of the c panel i was able to connect. I have tried to create more databases to use the tut. on breadcrumbs and can not hook up again. not to be confusing but here is where i started with my post. http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...showtopic=23172 If you would read my "Got it" reply and you can see i was off on my merry way. I did not want to get my real website mixed up with interakt tut on breadcrumbs so i was going to make a site called breadcrumbs. I defined a site called breadcrumbs. loaded the .sql that comes with the free ext., did all like before and can not hook up. Can i not make any site and database i want and be able to hook up? Ok here is what I did. In the mysql connection box you get in DWMX2004 when connecting to mysql i completed like this:

connection name: breadcrumbs

mysql server: localhost

amf_xx

password xxxxxx

I then go to slect and then get an "can not find server again, and again. I created a user name, and assigned it to the database. I put the % sign in access hosts (that worked last time) but it does not connect. I also put in under mysql server amfmechanical.com and all kinda of other stuff. I have not put my ip address because it changes when ever i hook up to the internet at the office or at home, so I am not sure what to do there. I just do not understan why it worked one but not anymore. I tell you i have no t ever been so long on something as this. Oh well if you can help i sure would be greatful thanks

beaten bad.... Steve

Can you provide a little information about how you configured the site in DreamWeaver? One of the options you are asked when setting up the site is where you will be "testing" your php. I generally select the option that says I want to upload and test on the remote server.

IF that is what you chose, you CAN get away with using "localhost" as the mysql server. If you indeed set it up like that, you shouldn't need to do the "%" thing for access hosts.

In other words, if you are designing a page in DreamWeaver, and you use localhost, and use DreamWeaver to "put" (and let it also put the associated files), it SHOULD work.

On a related note...when DreamWeaver uploads (aka "puts") your file on the TCH server, it also uploads a file with the necessary connection information. This file gets put in a folder named "Connections". You might take a look to see if the needed connection file is in that folder.

Edited by nortk

Unless you have MySQL installed locally you don't use localhost.

Correction: You can use localhost; see nortk's post for an explanation

The purpose of this dialog box is to create a database connection for a PHP application.

Make sure the MySQL server is started before completing this dialog box.

To create a database connection:

Enter a name for the new connection.

Note: Do not use any spaces or special characters in the name.

In the MySQL Server box, specify the computer hosting MySQL.

Enter an IP address or a server name. If MySQL is running on the same computer as PHP, you can enter localhost.

Enter your MySQL user name and password.

In the Database box, enter the name of the database, or click Select and select the database from the list of MySQL databases.

Click Test.

Dreamweaver attempts to connect to the database. If the connection fails, double-check the server name, user name, and password. If the connection still fails, check the settings for the folder Dreamweaver uses to process dynamic pages (see Specifying where dynamic pages can be processed).

Click OK.

The new connection appears in the Databases panel.

Edited by TCH-Dick

I thank you for your replys.

Rob its no so much about patience as about standard. I do not know if I have ever started a topic that i did not get anwsers right away, in that case 2 hrs and all the views at that time just seemed a long time. Besides, i did not say no one wants to help, my thinking was no one could. However i can say this is getting very confusing to me and somewhat conflicting info.I did submit a ticket and was told that no help can be givin on third party programs..ok but the tech did try and help nevcer the less.he said no localhost put in server name in this case sterlingsweb.net, i have done that so many times no work. Dick says no localhost but then also says that one can use localhost if the server is running mysql and php. It does not matter i have done all of it a bunch of times. Please excuse me if i sound rude. Do not mean to be but as i said this is getting to me and I do not see a end to this at this time.I really like TCH they have been good to me and this is not the kinda thing that will send me some where else. I did hook up once using localhost but that was it. I made some changes and went to the office and could not hook up. So I created different databases with the same error message. NORTK, I have the testing server in DWMX 2004 set up like you have said and it will even test ok there, but the same thing keeps happening. I don't know maybe its a bug with DW but i knida doubt it. Any way thanks guys..

Steve

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...showtopic=23172 this shows one can use localhost like i said i did it once. I do not want to put php and mysql on my machine where i know i use localhost ii get that but the other posts i put in this reply show you can use localhost but thats not really the point. I have tried it all. If you do not know ok but please do not start with things that have already been shown to work. thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I know what you are going through is very frustrating, but don't forget that most everyone here on the forum are volunteers and we are just trying to help you.

I don't use Dreamweaver so I cannot try connecting myself to see if I can find the magic formula, so I wandered over to Macromedia's Dreamweaver forum to see if I could find anything to help you. I saw quite a few posts from people having problems getting a connection working, so you are not alone. You might try searching over there too.

I did find this link to an article on Troubleshooting the Dreamweaver MX MySQL Connection. http://www.dreamweavermxsupport.com/index.php?type=article&id=85&block=1&pid=60&sid=61

I hope that it helps! Good luck and let us know!

GroovyFish

Edited by GroovyFish

WOW... what a crappy attitude!

Anyway, I use DreamWeaver daily on several servers and have no problems. I read over those instructions again and it looks like I took the statement about localhost wrong. So I tested several of my accounts using localhost and connected just fine.

Since we have come to the conclusion that localhost is not the issue, I can only offer one more solution.

Please take a look at this post and hopefully it will be of some help.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution.

I thank you groovery fish for the kinds words. I will read up on it all today with a fresh start. Very sorry to have affected you TCH Dick for you to assume I am one who only has a crapy attitude means to me that my words offended you and for that I really am sorry. Like Groovey said he understands how frustrating it can be, and I was trying to be careful not to offend anyone knowing that I was not in the best of places. In any case it is you that i find the most confusing as your post says no to local host and the others are saying yes. So I just wanted some info and I have been able to get help here before and will keep doing so as i like this hosting company very much. Everything I have read says that its going to be a dreamweaver prob. I have a post in the forums over there and am waiting for an answer. Thank you all for your help and once again Dick so sorry for causing you to believe things you could not possibly know..

Steve

Steve,

Please do not mistake my comments. Often times we are quick on the draw and get answers in short order. We do not have all of the answers though and it can take some time to get things straightened out. I understand the frustration as well, I cant count the number of times I have been working on something and it just wont work. Groovy is right when she stated that we are volunteers, even the mods here. Paid staff, names in red, try as well but still do not always have the answers to third party applications and scripts.

I am sure an answer can be found, it is just going to take some time.

And please, let me clarify, to those saying not to use localhost...because of the way DreamWeaver works...allowing you to edit locally and test remotely, localhost actually IS possible, without having a mysql server set up locally.

It sounds like actsteve is doing the same as I do...edit a file in DreamWeaver, and "testing" by letting DreamWeaver upload to his TCH directory. Since what he edits, including the mysql connection, doesn't get tested or run until it's sitting in your TCH account, localhost will work just fine.

So, true true true...don't use localhost if you are trying to connect to the db from your own computer, but since DreamWeaver is NOT (in these cases) connecting locally, but connecting from within the TCH-hosted site TO a db on the same TCH-hosted site, localhost does work. Really, it does.

Edited by nortk

Hey Rob no prob, i know it takes time. I also know everyone is a volunteer. I did not think that i was talking in a way that said other wise. Nothing but compliments from me as my words say. Nortk: how right you are as i actually did work a tutitouirl for a short time at my home computer using localhost. My prob is the same one though. I can not hook up any more. I only was able to do it once. Here is all that I have done. Set up a database and called it mxbreadcrumbs. created a user and called it sf gave a password to the sf (user) assigned the user to the database.I also in cpanel under hosts inserted the % sign. Here is how I fill out the dreamweaver mx 2004 sql connection box.

Connection name: breadcrumbs mysql server: localhost.. user name amf_sf (amf is cpanel name) password: xxxx database amf_mxbreadcrumbs, sometimes i try select.

i have also tried amfmechanical.com in the server name. host, the ip number in the cpanel at top of page. I have created new databases and done the same things. I have looked in the server using an ftp program, and have seen the connections folder with mxbreadcrumbs.php in it. I have also seen the _mmServerScripts folder with the MMHTTPDB.php and mysql.php in the root of the site. I have tried putting in and taking out public_html in the url prefix in the testing server box of dreamweaver. Actually my testing server is as follows:Server model: Mysql PHP ACCESS: FTP FTP host : amfmechanical.com Host directory: is blank (although i have tried putting in public_html with no better result Login amf_sf (cpanel name)Password xxxx the passive box is checked (i have done that both ways as well same result.) URL prefix: http://ftp.amfmechanical.com/ When i click test it always comes back as a good connection. so it would seem that no matter what I do i can not get it to go. I don't think I left any thing out. I have read many articles so far but still nothing. Sooo If any one knows what I am doing wrong i sure would be greatful..

Thanks

Steve

Edited by acsteve

Let me ask some (probably stupid) questions.

1) Do you have a firewall that could be causing a problem?

2) It sounds as if you are not getting an error message or anything, so does Dreamweaver think it IS connected? What are you expecting to see that you are not? (remember I don't have Dreamweaver, so I don't know)

3) Have you checked the permissions on that file(s) to make sure that Dreamweaver can read the info?

4) Have you downloaded the file(s) that Dreamweaver puts on the server and viewed it locally to see if Dreamweaver has uploaded the correct info? If Dreamweaver uploaded the file with the connection info (in the beginning) and when you changed the info, Dreamweaver wasn't able to over-write the file then you would never get it to work.

Steve,

Why can I not get to your site at all? If I go to amfmechanical.com I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

Edited by GroovyFish

I do not think there are any stupid questions my friend, let me try to anwser your wuestions.

1) Do you have a firewall that could be causing a problem? No there shoud not be. I have cable at home and dsl at the office and no firewalls I am aware of.

2) It sounds as if you are not getting an error message or anything, so does Dreamweaver think it IS connected? What are you expecting to see that you are not? (remember I don't have Dreamweaver, so I don't know)

My bad. I do get error message, the same one every time. 404 can not find this server. Tnot quoting but it goes something like does not map http://ftp.amfmechanical.com _mmserverscript MMHTTPDB.php.

3) Have you checked the permissions on that file(s) to make sure that Dreamweaver can read the info?

no not sure how to. but remember i did do it for a night so i was thinking default would be right. However i should check that.

4) Have you downloaded the file(s) that Dreamweaver puts on the server to and opened it locally to see if Dreamweaver has uploaded the correct info? If Dreamweaver uploaded the file with the connection info and when you changed the info Dreamweaver wasn't able to over-write the file then you would never get it to work.

going to try and anwser this after looking at the file thanks Steve

I just started getting that 500 error about 15 mins ago?? not sure whats up. I changed the setting in mysql connection box under mysql server and changed it to http://ftp.amfmechanical.com. maybe just bad timing buit soon as i tried that (connecting it went to that error.. I dunt know getting ready to post last question you ask even if you can not get this either i thank you much for trying.. Steve

4) Have you downloaded the file(s) that Dreamweaver puts on the server to and opened it locally to see if Dreamweaver has uploaded the correct info? If Dreamweaver uploaded the file with the connection info and when you changed the info Dreamweaver wasn't able to over-write the file then you would never get it to work.

breadcrumbs_conn.php thias is in the connections folder and the other two below are in the mmserver folder:

<?php

# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"

# Type="MYSQL"

# HTTP="true"

$hostname_breadcrumbs_conn = "localhost";

$database_breadcrumbs_conn = "amf_mxbreadcrumbs";

$username_breadcrumbs_conn = "amf_shf";

$password_breadcrumbs_conn = "33663366";

$breadcrumbs_conn = mysql_pconnect($hostname_breadcrumbs_conn, $username_breadcrumbs_conn, $password_breadcrumbs_conn) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

?>

the other two do not seem to make refenence to any settings pictular to my site kinda a generic php. files which are..MMHTTPDB.php mysql.php

Are you sure you don't have a firewall? What are you using for security at home?

I noticed, in that article I linked, in one of the screen shots it has a check box for Use Firewall, have you tried this? Looks like the setting are under Preferences.

Have you tried that troubleshooting article? Looked at the Dreamweaver MX FTP Log? Sounds that the log could help diagnosing the problem.

Are you sure you don't have a firewall? What are you using for security at home? yes real sure about that. what i do have is set up to let things thru. as far as i want to go on that one.

Have you tried that troubleshooting article? Looked at the Dreamweaver MX FTP Log? Sounds that the log could help diagnosing the problem.

Yes i did good reading. I did not know that about Dreamweaver. I looked at the ftp log and it had no complaints. That is to say that i connected to everything it wanted to. no error's not had to stops etc

you can see below i posted the last couple of connects this even makes reference to the -mm s folder and i can not see where threr was a prob.. ? take a look

< 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------

< 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.

< 220-Local time is now 16:06. Server port: 21.

< 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

> USER amf

< 331 User amf OK. Password required

> PASS

< 230-User amf has group access to: amf

< 230 OK. Current restricted directory is /

> PWD

< 257 "/" is your current location

> PWD

> CWD /

< 250 OK. Current directory is /

> MKD MM_CASETEST4291

< 257 "MM_CASETEST4291" : The directory was successfully created

> CWD /

> RMD MM_CASETEST4291

< 250 The directory was successfully removed

> CWD /

> MKD xyiznwsk

< 257 "xyiznwsk" : The directory was successfully created

> CWD /

> PORT 68,92,125,12,11,64

< 200 PORT command successful

> TYPE A

< 200 TYPE is now ASCII

> LIST

< 150 Connecting to port 2880

< drwx--x--x 16 32373 amf 4096 Oct 12 16:06 .

< drwx--x--x 16 32373 amf 4096 Oct 12 16:06 ..

< -rw------- 1 32373 amf 957 Jun 22 14:21 .accesshash

< -rw------- 1 32373 amf 15 Oct 12 15:00 .contactemail

< -rw-r--r-- 1 32373 amf 349 Oct 12 10:56 .htaccess

< drwxr-xr-x 2 32373 amf 4096 Jun 22 14:51 .htpasswds

< -rw------- 1 32373 amf 12 Oct 12 15:00 .lastlogin

< drwx------ 2 32373 amf 4096 Jun 16 13:35 .neomail

< -rw------- 1 32373 amf 24 Jun 20 21:15 .spamkey

< drwx------ 2 32373 amf 4096 Oct 7 13:14 .sqmaildata

< drwx------ 2 32373 amf 4096 Jun 18 13:30 .trash

< -rw-r--r-- 1 32373 amf 1 Jun 16 16:24 .whmtheme

< drwxr-xr-x 2 32373 amf 4096 Oct 12 15:07 Connections

< drwxr-xr-x 2 32373 amf 4096 Oct 12 12:56 _mmServerScripts

< -rw-r--r-- 1 32373 amf 313 Oct 12 12:56 company.php

< drwxr-xr-x 4 32373 amf 4096 Jun 16 14:21 cpanel3-skel

< drwxr-xr-x 6 32373 amf 4096 Jun 16 16:25 cpanelbranding

< -rw-r--r-- 1 32373 amf 313 Oct 12 12:56 directory.php

< drwxr-xr-x 4 32373 amf 4096 Sep 13 10:04 etc

< drwxr-x--- 3 32373 12 4096 Oct 12 16:04 mail

< drwxr-xr-x 3 32373 amf 4096 Jun 15 22:01 public_ftp

< drwxr-x--- 8 32373 99 4096 Oct 12 13:35 public_html

< drwx------ 6 32373 amf 4096 Jun 15 22:05 tmp

< lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 11 Jun 15 22:01 www -> public_html

< drwxr-xr-x 2 32373 amf 4096 Oct 12 16:06 xyiznwsk

< 226-Options: -a -l

< 226 25 matches total

> CWD /www

< 250 OK. Current directory is /www

> CWD /

> RMD xyiznwsk

< 250 The directory was successfully removed

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

< 250 OK. Current directory is /_mmServerScripts

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> PWD

< 257 "/_mmServerScripts" is your current location

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> PORT 68,92,125,12,11,65

< 200 PORT command successful

> TYPE A

< 200 TYPE is now ASCII

> LIST

< 150 Connecting to port 2881

< drwxr-xr-x 2 32373 amf 4096 Oct 12 12:56 .

< drwx--x--x 15 32373 amf 4096 Oct 12 16:06 ..

< -rw-r--r-- 1 32373 amf 2062 Oct 12 12:56 MMHTTPDB.php

< -rw-r--r-- 1 32373 amf 10265 Oct 12 12:56 mysql.php

< 226-Options: -a -l

< 226 4 matches total

> CWD /

> PWD

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> PWD

> CWD /

> PWD

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> PWD

> CWD /

> PWD

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> PWD

> CWD /

> PWD

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> PWD

> CWD /

> PWD

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> CWD /_mmServerScripts

> PWD

> CWD /

> PWD

I understand u running out of questions i know i have yes i got that stright form dreamweaver under the results tab. I guess that whats it means when it says dreamweaver lets you look ast the log. well I turned in a ticket on the 500 error. glad that site is not up yet. once again thanks

Steve

Thanks Bruce sorry about not getting back on till this morning my time, thank you for asking and yes that is my cpanel name and the user is correct also. Its a new day and my regular job has me doing things, but i tell you i sure wish i could see what i am doing wrong.. Six replies ago on this same page I stated all that I am doing and what my setting are, they seem to be right but at this point just do not know.

Thanks again

Steve

Morning,

I figured out another question Steve, but it's not for you :whip:. If anyone else has this working with Dreamweaver, can you tell us where the files (Dreamweaver places on the server) should be located? Should they be located in the ROOT of the account (ie: not in the Public_Html folder)?

Just tested to be sure.

I used CPanel to create and populate a simple MySQL database.

I used DWMX2004, and created a php file, best.php, to display the data in a table.

When DW saved the file in my public_html folder, it also put a "Connections" folder in the public_html folder. IN that connections folder is another php file that gets included in the php code of best.php

actsteve...here's something related to check. Using CPanel's file manager, find the php file that OUGHT to be connecting to your database. Go to "edit" that file, and find the "require_once" line of code, where it refers to another file. Mine says:

<?php require_once('Connections/junkconnect.php'); ?>

What does yours say?

Nortk. Hey thanks for the reply and effort. I have set up another account in my resellers account and am now trying to do the same thing, only difference is the domain name. I have looked w/ cute ftp program and file manager in cpanel. The only thing I have is the _mmServerScript folder and the mx_breadcrumbs folder. In the breadcrumbs folder I have the company.php and the directory .php file that the tutorial has you create one step before connecting to the database.In the _mm folder I have the MMHTTPDB.php mysql.php file.In all the attempts I have gotten the connections before its just that I have done so may thing that I now do not remember what it said..:angry: Once again I have done everything and am really wondering what's going on. The truth is its not that hard or it should not be. I have done much reading now on the subject and I can not hook up no matter what I do. I do thank you though for helping and groovery fish as well and I also thank you for not thinking I have insulted you and trying to help instead of criticizing me .... once again thanks

Steve

Ok I will try posting these 3 pics in an effort to show what i am looking at and see if any one can see where i am going wrong. Please take a look and let me know if you see my mistake. thanks Steve PS Very sorry did not mean to start a new tread. I was in feeling defeated and clicked new topic guess i messed up.... Thanks Steve

Attached thumbnail(s)

post-4992-1129326803_thumb.jpgpost-4992-1129326835_thumb.jpgpost-4992-1129326864_thumb.jpg

Edit by TCH-David: Post merged from separate topic.

Edited by TCH-David

Steve,

I'm sorry that you still aren't up and running with this. I did an google search and I did find a couple of places that said that you should make sure that your ISP isn't blocking port 3306. Now I know you have tried this from home and work without success, so it is likely not the problem, unless you use the same ISP from home and work, but I thought I would throw it out there as something to check on.

GroovyFish

Once again thanks again groovyfish for your help. Right about the office and home being 2 different isp's. One is dsl and the other is cable. I am trying to remember though how to find my ip address that i have right now and add it to the host access.... will try soon as i find..

Thanks

Steve

yes i went to command prompt typed in ipconfig got it, tried it and no go. This is really a joke hu? how can this be?? thanks

Steve

well hang on i went to ythe site you gave me and it has a completly different address sooooooo let me go try this one

no go once more it did take a little time though and i thoght for a minute that it was going to work. It actually said testing connection server but then the same old 404 not mapped etc..

Something else if anyone who has seen this before. I have a resellers account (that is in one of my other replies actually everything is in my other replies :angry: Any way I have a phpbb1 on one of my other sites. duncanvilleaa.org. Now as you may know one has to have a sql database for that and TCH sets it up auto like so folks like me don’t ask a whole bunch questions about it. So I took my aa site which is already in DWMX2004 and i tried for the first time( never had to before) to hook up to the database thru DWMX 2004 and could not. I changed over to the aa site in dw and went to set up the mysql connection . I filled out the info the dw ask in the sql connection box and the dag gum thing still trys to hook up to BREADCRUMBS (and you thought we were going to get away from breadcrumbs :D. So now my thinking is this may help someone help me that has come across this problem..Is it the resellers account that gets the program confused about something? So any help would bring a big smile to my face..

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

Ok, so, I downloaded the evaluation copy of Dreamweaver (it is 8 and not 2004, but I would think the information to connect would be the same.

After a little trial and error, I was able to connect to the mySql database. Notes: this is a domain I just added to my reseller account, nothing else exists on it. I didn't really change any settings from default.

Also note that the stuff I have in Uppercase would not really be typed in that way.

Here are my settings:

Local Info

Sitename: testsite

Local Root Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\My Documents\testsite\

Refresh local file list automatically: checked

Default Images Folder: blank

Links Relative to: Document

HTTP Address: http : // www . mydomain . com/ (I don't know why this won't show up in the post, take out spaces)

Case Sensitive Links: unchecked

Cache: checked

Remote Info

Access: FTP

FTP Host: ftp . mydomain . com (again, take out spaces)

Host Directory: /

Login: MYCPANELNAME

Password: MYCPANELPASSWORD

Use Passive Mode: checked

Use Firewall: unchecked

Use Secure FTP: unchecked

Maintain Syncronization Info: checked

Automatically Upload Files upon save: checked

Enable File check in and out: unchecked

Testing Server

Server Model: PHP MySQL

Access: FTP

FTP Host: ftp . mydomain . com (again, take out spaces)

Host Directory: /

Login: MYCPANELNAME

Password: MYCPANELPASSWORD

Use Passive Mode: checked

Use Firewall: unchecked

Use Secure FTP: unchecked

URL Prefix: http : // www . mydomain . com/

Cloaking

Enable Cloaking: checked

Cloaked Files end with: unchecked

Design Notes

Site Map Layout

File View Columns

Contribute

The 4 above were not changed from default

MySQL Connection Settings:

Connection Name: testconn

MySQL Server: localhost

User Name: MYCPANELNAME_DATABASEUSER

Password: ******

Database: MYCPANELNAME_DATABASENAME

Edited by GroovyFish

Got it.

I want to say thank you to you grooveyfish for all you have done in helping me resolve this issue.You downloaded a copy of this program just to see for your self and how it might help me I think is beyond the call of duty so to speak and I greatly appreciate it as this morning I got connected after a week of head banging. I also thank you Nortk your help was good and also appreciated.That being said I was ready to blast the rest of you guys. Mainly the ones with TCH in front of your names that helped in this. It seemed that offence may have been taken and criticism was all that was really being offered. Be "patient" and "wow what a crappy attitude" and then there is "are you sure that is really your cpanel name?" But blast is not what i want to do because i was reading in my TCH folder and came across this a http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...wtopic=20835&hl and can conclude that i have made the mistake and i was the one who could not hook up and was hummm can i say "testy" without the pun? So best to say thanks to all of you for your help and once again i am sorry for any offence i may have caused anyone.

Thanks

Steve

DW is really a very cool program. I have had it about 6 months now and i used to d/l trial' s all the time. Everytime they change one little thing they will let you d/ load again for another 30 days . Macromeida is a very cool comapny and i hope they stay that way now thast they have been bought out, or merged they like to call it. by the creaters of .pdf which i my self have never cared much for. I have been playing with the breadcrumbs tut and testing the connection. Iam a clicking and its a connecting and all in the world is good again. :thumbup1:

Steve

Edited by acsteve

Glad to hear you got things taken care of Steve. No offense taken (at least on my part). We all have "daytime" jobs and a home life, so sometimes it takes some time to do research and the such. I've been on both sides of the fence (user and tech support) so I know how you must have felt.

But that's why we are one big family here at TCH, and thanks to Groovyfish for coming through and helping out another family member.

Groovyfish ;) :thumbup1: :thumbup:

Glad it worked out. I can honestly say that this is quite an amazing forum. I have seen similar forums for other webhosts, and nothing comes close to the effort that the TCH community is willing to put into peoples' problems.

Happy MySQLing.

Just needed to say Well Done to Groovyfish for his outstanding (and extremely patient ) assistance to acsteve. I didn't see this thread until today, but can attest to the fact that Dreamweaver's site setup panels are NOT intuitive, not simple, and the help docs don't help that much at all. Groovyfish did an amazing job. Just another fine example of peer support here!