Vertical Menu Program

sardaukar

Hello,

I asked this question in WHT, but received no answer, although the post was rewied some 30 times.

The problem is: I want to insert a vertical menu into my page so that the main menu item leaves where it is - in the left frame and the submenu item appears on the main frame and the link opens in the main:

mainmenu1 submenu1

submenu2

submenu3

As far I created one wit Dreamweaver, but there submenu appears in left frame only:

mainmenu1 submenu1

submenu2

I downloaded NavStudio (despite some not pretty nag screen), but I failed to create the kind of menu I wanted.

The problem is, I have no big knowledge of Java and HTML - all I do is via Dreamweaver.

So, the question is: how can I make such menu?

yes, it is like this, but DynamicDrive is too complicated :(

I'm not sure why you think Dynamic Drive is too complicated - we use it all the time working with our Dreamweaver site builds.

If you need a hand to install it then let me know and we'll help you get something installed

Alan

Have you looked at the suckerfish dropdown technique? These have gotten pretty spiffy lately--multiple level menus, verticle or horizontal, etc. You'll probably have to spend some time playing with the HTML and CSS code to get it to work, but there are a lot of tutorials around the web -- e.g. http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/

Have you looked at the suckerfish dropdown technique? These have gotten pretty spiffy lately--multiple level menus, verticle or horizontal, etc. You'll probably have to spend some time playing with the HTML and CSS code to get it to work, but there are a lot of tutorials around the web -- e.g. http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/

Thanks for the advice. I have spent so many hours googling the web and now I can't remember the exact number of program I have installed - and uninstalled. I will search for the tutorials.

Once more time - thanks. This forum rulez - as TCH too.

• 2 weeks later...

this is cool.