Opening New Account With New Domain

jscfan

I was going thru the Web Host Order Wizard to open up a new account for my new domain (www.dvdstockpile.com). And where it asks "Tell us who you are" I select "Add this order to my account" and it then asks for my email and password. Well what password is it talking about? I know my email of course, but I'm stuck please help...

Its been a while since I added a new account, but it seems like I just signed up for a new account, and then in my comments area, I told them the other domains I was hosting, and gave them my username for the domain that I considered to be my "primary" account.

The techs got it straight and have me as one customer with multiple accounts in the system. I know this because I submitted a help desk ticket the other day and they gave me the expiration dates for all my hosting accounts.

I had the same problem, jcsfan.

We sent in a support ticket stating the problem, and our new domain and hosting were up and running before the night was through. (Way to go on that by the way, guys!)

A support ticket is your best bet, if you haven't sent one already. :tchrocks:

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thrilled with TCH so I'd like to move 2 of my sites here from Yahoo (yeah, I know. I didn't know any better before). I have a couple of questions.

First, can I buy the other site hosting plans and set up my sites here before I make the switch with my registrar to point here? I'd like to make a smooth transition.

If so, is there a trick to it?

My biggest concern is whether it will it be possible for me to keep an exact address -http://designer-entrepreneurs.com/blog/illustrations/- which is the address I've been using as a place to load photos for my existing tch site. It would be untenable to go back and change all the links to my photos.

Two, do I have to submit a help ticket to ensure they have my sites tied into what I consider my main account?

Thank you muchly, no hurry on a response; I won't be doing it for at least another week.

First, can I buy the other site hosting plans and set up my sites here before I make the switch with my registrar to point here? I'd like to make a smooth transition.

If so, is there a trick to it?

This should be no problem, but please remember that the address you will be given per the welcome email is only to be used temporarily. Also I believe that some scripts and services will not work without a proper domain name.
My biggest concern is whether it will it be possible for me to keep an exact address -http://designer-entrepreneurs.com/blog/illustrations/- which is the address I've been using as a place to load photos for my existing tch site. It would be untenable to go back and change all the links to my photos.

If designer-entrepreneurs.com are the domain you are moving, it should not be any problem to use it as you have until now.

Two, do I have to submit a help ticket to ensure they have my sites tied into what I consider my main account?

Not really sure what you mean by this.

If it is a reseller account you are wanting to purchase, the techs will want to know what your main domains name is.

If a virtual account (one domain per hosting account) they will be treated separately (each domain is the main on its account).

If a virtual account (one domain per hosting account) they will be treated separately (each domain is the main on its account).

Yes, it will be just one domain per account, I'm not a reseller. I asked this question only after reading some questions from other people but I guess they were resellers. thanks for the response.

• 2 weeks later...

winfixer, welcome to the forums!

You are allowed one website per shared hosting account. However, you may "park" unlimited domains on top of that (as long as they point to the same location). For instance, you may have your site at mytchdomain.com, and park mytchdomain.net and mytchdomain.org on top of that domain. Another popular mix of that would be if there is a word in your domain that is commonly misspelled, you can park the misspelled version on top of the real version.

If you want to host 2 domains with separate content you will need 2 hosting accounts or a reseller account.

You may want to read the Acceptable Use Policy.

Your subdomains are allowed to be used for any legal purpose. You may not sell the subdomain space to others, nor may you point other domain names to your subfolders.

If you want 2 domains pointing to the same content you purchase 1 hosting account and ask support to park the second domain name on the original one.

Edited by TCH-Bruce