Crazy Browser

TCH-Rick

One freebie that I use a lot is Crazy Browser. It is based on the IE6 engine so you have to have IE installed but adds a lot of feature I find handy and I've discovered more as I've used it.

The most obvious feature is the tabbed browser sessions. Even nicer is that you can save groups of windows into Groups and can load them all with one click. I have groups of news sites, sites I use for searching, tech sites, and more.

It even has a slide show feature where you can page through multiple windows at a given interval. It's a memory hog at times but can be a real time saver.

Find it at www.crazybrowser.com.

The only IE browser overlay that I had used was NeoPlanet - and I did not like it at all. I see where these two new ones mentions (Crazy Browser and Avant Broswer) both include pop up blockers - nice feature.

Question I have: has anyone used either of these two broeser overlays to web sites that use a lot of Java or Active X interfaces? Does it work well?

Or perhaps the opposite question is: what problems have you encountered with these browser overlays?

If there is a problem encountered by a user, how quickly can you switch from using one of these browser overlays to just using standard IE?

-kw

I haven't had any problems using Avant Browser to view any sites... I've been to sites with lots of Java, flash, animations, etc *I am also on Cable internet*. I've also had regular IE up at the same time with no troubles.. But I'll stick with Avant as my default browser.

The built in Pop Up stopper is better than the downloadable "Pop Up Stopper".

Right now Avant has a beta version 8 out.. I have version 7. I'll stick with this until all the beta testing on 8 is done. Version 8 is skinnable.. Can't wait to see that :D

Charlotte

I haven't had any problems using Avant Browser to view any sites...  I've been to sites with lots of Java, flash, animations, etc *I am also on Cable internet*.  I've also had regular IE up at the same time with no troubles..  But I'll stick with Avant as my default browser. 

The built in Pop Up stopper is better than the downloadable "Pop Up Stopper". 

Right now Avant has a beta version 8 out..  I have version 7.  I'll stick with this until all the beta testing on 8 is done.  Version 8 is skinnable..  Can't wait to see that  :(

Charlotte

Fyi, Avant 8 is out and released. no more beta's. http://www.avantbrowser.com . you have to dig a bit to get the download. I don't like the redesign of the web page.

Avantbrowser is much better than CrazyBrowser. Crazy hasn't been updated in a long time.