Windows

Madmanmcp

Why Palm would go an do this is just insane. But from a corporate stand point I understand it. I don't like it, but I understand it.

If you didn't know I am a Palm OS supporter.

Maybe now that Access (Japanese company that makes the NetFront browser) has bought PalmSource they may turn it around.

If you didn't know I am a Palm OS supporter.

Yeah Bruce, I remember that you're a programmer and you have written several apps for the palm and it probably brings you some income. Sorry about that...but its not my fault :)

Maybe you can get the Windows CE SDK and start porting over what you have written. The current apps will be good for a couple years.

I know it's not your fault Bob. :)

I've been following the story for a couple of weeks. When I saw the pre-release photos over a month ago I saw the writing on the wall.

As for moving to the Windows platform, maybe. There has been a lot of talk among my fellow developers as to which tools to migrate too.

As a user of the Palm Treo 650 I'm happy to see Palm try a different OS on their phones. The Palm of today is not the Palm we all fell in love with years ago. The software found on the Treo 600 and 650 is plagued with so many bugs it's not even funny, and trying to get help when the phone craps out is next to impossible. I'm no fan of Uncle Bill, but whatever he comes up with can't run any worse.