6d4vdub

Return To Home Page

Hi guys, I'm back again.

I use Front Page for my web site. I have the links to my message board and photo album on the home page.

Is there any way I can edit the the message board or photo album in file manager to have a link to return to the Home page?

This is to help visitors and members to have a easy way to return to the Home Page. Like at the L. top of this post where it says 'return to home page.

As always Thanks

Edited by 6d4vdub

You need to modify the templates to add the link back to your home page.

Not knowing which forum or gallery program you are using it would be difficult to give any specific instructions or links to help.

If you are using phpBB for you forum check this link

Not knowing which forum or gallery program you are using it would be difficult to give any specific instructions or links to help.

Thanks Bruce, I am using phpBB and I'll dive right into that.

Well Bruce I got it to work. As i could not see the red highlights in the directions you pointed me to, it took some time to get it right. Thanks

The part I thought would be easy is giving me the most trouble. Changing the logo. But I'll keeping working on it till I see where I'm messing up and let you know.

Now a new question. I am trying to make a banner page using entropy Banner from the CPanel files. I made a new page called "banner.shtm" I open the page in NotePad and placed the code on the page (in bold below) I have tried placing it in Head, html and body but cant get it to work. In Front Page when I click on HTML to see it, it is allways grayed out no mater where I put it. Any suguestions?

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<title>Banner</title>

<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">

<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">

<meta name="Microsoft Theme" content="none, default">

<meta name="Microsoft Border" content="none, default">

<!--#exec cmd="cgi-bin/entropybanner.cgi"-->

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

Edited by 6d4vdub

It goes in the body where you want it to go on the page and it will always be grey because of the <!-- and -->

It goes in the body where you want it to go on the page and it will always be grey because of the <!-- and -->

Thenks Rob, I'll give it a try

Thenks Rob, I'll give it a try

That worked, thanks Rob.

just my two cents, but please, dear god, do not use frontpage, you could cage a wild monkey and give him a sharpened stick, he would probably write cleaner code in the dirt

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, he may have just been a stubborn monkey. Of course I'm not speaking from experience, we have none here, but as soon as i see a monkey......

Agreed that the monkey (Rob?) could write better code, but speaking from experience, I started with zero knowledge using Frontpage and used it to gain knowledge. Enough knowledge that I now use nothing but Macromedia's Homesite. So for the newby's, IMO, it's a great learning tool.

But they need to learn HTML and then migrate away as fast as possible! ;)