Wade

Paypal And Secure Logo

Hi all,

Ok, I am very "new" at this. I looked around first but don't see the following to be obvious, to me anyway.

I am expermenting with setting up a website with paypal shopping cart button features. Paypal has an option to put my logo on their payment page. But this logo "should" come from a secure server. If I am not going to take cards direct, and only use paypal for transactions (that is no merchant account) can I get this logo to come from TCH looking secure? Do I have to bye a certificate just for this???

And if possible without the certificate, how might one do it?

JW

Welcome to the forums JustWade ;)

You can create a secure link using the following style.

>https://serverXX.totalchoicehosting.com/~your_cpanel_name/image_folder/your_logo.jpg

Replace the XX with your server number.

Well, I haven't tried yet, got to finish making my logo first. I am doing all this in my not so spare time. I will let you know.

I do have a follow up question though,

Can one set up Zencart (or a cart of somekind) on the server and experment without anyone but I seeing it? I have my beginnings website already set up for the domain and don't want the cross connection made. I still am not sure what is private and what is not. Got to work out these kinks in my mind first.

JW

You could always install it in its own folder and password protect that folder to prevent others from being able to see it.