Tch Party?

Head Guru

I know we have many clients in the Michigan, Ohio, Florida and Canada areas. Heck for that matter we have clients all over the world. But im not sure someone from Colorado would want to travel up to Michigan to meet everyone.

With this is mind, I was wondering if there would be any interest in a TCH Get Together.

This is all just an idea right now, but here is what I am thinking.

Plan a lunch/dinner at a resturant or pub of our choosing.

All TCH customers are invited.

Friendly dicussions, good food and laughs.

And no I am not offering to buy dinner for all my clients, but I think the idea is grand!

Please respond with your ideas, thoughts and if you would attend such a function.

Yes, that sure is a nice idea!

If only I'd have the money to spend on a plane ticket to fly from Portugal to the US... :lol:

Seriously, it's a really cool idea and it had already crossed my mind but I didn't give it much thought preciselly because of the distance.

Anyway, go ahead and do it. I would go for sure, if I'd live closer :(

Sounds great to me. Where in Michigan is TCH? I'm in Plymouth. A get together sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Allan

deep in the heart of Texas

Not sure I would want to go to a party there! :) :D

Although East Texas has a 'mighty fine' Spring.

A Fall option would be the Finger Lakes Region of Western New York.... it would be tough to find a prettier Fall.

:D

Bill - my .02 cents worth -- in no particular order:

1) If you have it over a long weekend (4th of July, Labor Day, etc.) - perhaps people from further away (like Florida) could come

2) It would have to include a tour or presentation of all the "gadgets" that you have

3) It it doesn't happen until fall, be mindful of football weekends in Michigan.

4) Perhaps we could pick a nice weekend where some of us could play some golf (right Lianna?) as well

5) We could make the trip worthwhile and actually have a scheduled half day seminar. Ask several people to put together some small (say 5-15 minutes) presentations on select subjects, such as: Web Site Optimization, Using CuteSITE Builder, My Favorite Web Tools.

6) Or perhaps a round table discussion - one for resellers, and one for general web users.

-kw

For those that wont attend we would assign a member a digital camera and post the pics on the board afterwards.

For me probably no chance to join either, but finding some nice family pictures on the forum would be very nice!!

If the get-together happens, and it's in Michigan, I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I'd really like to put some faces with the names of all the friendly people I've met here. A "tour" of TCH's facilities does sound rather intriguing, too. Wherever it ends up being, if its in or near lower Michigan, I'd love to attend - and again, I'd also like to help out any way I can.

Allan

Bill - my .02 cents worth -- in no particular order:

1) If you have it over a long weekend (4th of July, Labor Day, etc.) - perhaps people from further away (like Florida) could come

2) It would have to include a tour or presentation of all the "gadgets" that you have

3) It it doesn't happen until fall, be mindful of football weekends in Michigan.

4) Perhaps we could pick a nice weekend where some of us could play some golf (right Lianna?) as well

5) We could make the trip worthwhile and actually have a scheduled half day seminar. Ask several people to put together some small (say 5-15 minutes) presentations on select subjects, such as: Web Site Optimization, Using CuteSITE Builder, My Favorite Web Tools.

6) Or perhaps a round table discussion - one for resellers, and one for general web users.

-kw

Damn and I thought we could just eat and drink...

Good ideas KW

• 1 year later...

I don't think it ever happened...

I have a new twist on the idea...

Regional meets! We plan them to where HG can attend in different areas of the country (or abroad, maybe?).

I will open my guest bedroom to him and Mrs. HG for the Southwest meet... In the Phoenix, AZ area.

What do you all think? I am sure we can finagle HG into this one :)

Well, I read a while ago that Mike asked if he should fix a tour where HG can write autographs.

So HG and rest of TCH-staff/mods/members, if you ever come to Sweden...just let me know and I will open my guest room and put the kettle on. :)

Ok ok...Glenn and Rob, that includes you too. :P

Did you guys ever meet?

Or I still have time to plan trip to U.S..?

No, it hasn't happened.

Bill is just trying to get everyone to move to Michigan instead. :)

He already got his hooks into Mike.

Hi,

I really like the idea of regional meets. This would enable folks from all over the country to gather with other TCH members. I would even expand this idea to a global level. Maybe the HG or Staff could then travel to different locations and meet their customers. Seminars would be good as well, but what about a simple Q&A time.

Then we can all draw on each others knowledge base.

Regards :) B)

rib rub

Don´t know what that is but is it beer-boiled/prepared?

Thomas,

In barbecue terms it is a mixture of spices that one "rubs" on the meat before cooking it. Some would say that a good rub should be so good that sauce should not be needed.