I added My Sites!

boxturt

Ty:

What do you think... do you want to be under the commercial or personal section?

Quick Comment:

I would love to see a text link rather then the graphical :)

Let me know about which section and I will get you added.

I will change to text link after posting. Category? Personal is just fine - it's just really a goof-off site and doesn't need reviewing or anything. The lyrics site is most important to me.

Thanks,

Ty

International Lyrics added :D .... Cool resource!

SEO thoughts:

You are ranked 8 for 'international lyrics' in Google :D :D :D

I would do keyword analysis and make sure you are choosing the 'best' phrase.

Now for the home page (SEO thoughts only):

I do not like frames :)

I see why you are using them. How about using this idea on all the pages accept the home page. In other words just have your header (no alpha index links) and your opening welcome box. Again, I am speaking in terms of SEO here.

Get all the external links off your home page (accept TotalChoice Hosting of course :D ). Create a separate page for those resources. This is BIG advice (i.e. use it!).

Another strategy I employ (if I really want the link 'seen' on the home page) is having an external link from your home page first point to an internal page.

Example: Site Design by Ty Smith - Earthturt Web Design

Now instead have 'web design' and instead of pointing to webdesign.boxturt.com, point to an internal page entitled Web Design. On this page, have the words 'International Lyrics Playground was designed By Ty Smith - Earthturt Web Design' and the link to the actual site (webdesign.boxturt.com).

P.S. I agree dmoz listing and google directory are big pluses for your rank.

Thanks! You're my new best friend :D

I understand what you're saying here and it all makes sense to me except:

I see why you are using them. How about using this idea on all the pages accept the home page. In other words just have your header (no alpha index links) and your opening welcome box.
I'm afraid that went right over my head....... Oh yea - I'm only 4 inches tall. Must be a turtle thing.

By keeping the alpha index in the top frame I was saving the viewer an 'extra' annoying trip back to the home page, so it was more a convenience thing. If you would be so kind as to clarify?

Get all the external links off your home page

Does that mean the PayPal and other affiliate links as well??

Thank you very much. I will certainly use your expert advice and your valuable time is so much appreciated. :)

Ty

Sorry for the confusion :)

What I am saying, on your home page get rid of:

>HOME | Guestbook | Email Us | 0-9 | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Xmas | Links | HOME

Leave it in the header for all your other pages because it is obviously convient, just not on the home page.

Does that mean the PayPal and other affiliate links as well??

Yes, especially the other affiliate links. Can you not create another page for those? Concerning PayPal, I think that most people that would donate would do so after reviewing the site (i.e. they would be on the 'other' pages). Therefore, not having that on the home page would not adversely affect donations (I think).

Does all make sense now? [notice I spoke in 'shorter' font] :D :D

Yup, must be the short font that did it.. :D

I have to think on this for a while. I can't insert the alpha index into every single page which is why I chose to use frames. I may be stuck with it the way it is but I'll mess with it.

Moving affilliate links is not a problem, I may drop them all anyway - they have been fruitless. PayPal has been ok to us so that will stay. At least that gives us enough to pay for hosting and a cup of coffee.

Thanks Very Much!