Converting Dvd Video To Avi Clips

phatfunkjazz

Hi,

I recently performed at a local music festival and discovered that someone filmed part of our show, not continuous, but short excerpts of two songs (total of about 5 minutes).

I'm aware of the bandwidth that videos consume; I will keep the clips to about 30 seconds each (three clips total).

We purchased a DVD from the videographer; now I'd like to extract some clips, converting from .vob (on the DVD disc) to .avi. I've found some shareware programs that boast of those functionalities. Being new to video stuff, does anyone have freeware suggestions?

Thanks,

Stefan

I just tested a shareware program, AoA DVD Ripper. It has a small footprint, works great, the audio output is adjustable (among other settings), and is pretty affordable ($25.00). I think I'll purchase it.

Stefan

Edited by phatfunkjazz

Hello everybody

I would suggest ttp://www.vcdhelp.com

It has all the necessary information you need for creating DVD’s and DVD rippers freeware and shareware

I Personal would use procoder 2 the file conversion software can convert anything to anything but it does cost a bit of an amount $ 499.00 but worth it

ttp://www.canopus.us/US/products/ProCoder2/pm_procoder2.asp

And easy to use.

I use it for my wedding/party DVD creating

Edited by mr_lucas

I would suggest ttp://www.vcdhelp.com

It has all the necessary information you need for creating DVD’s and DVD rippers freeware and shareware

I Personal would use procoder 2 the file conversion software can convert anything to anything but it does cost a bit of an amount $ 499.00 but worth it.

Thanks for the link and the software tips. I'll check them out.

Stefan