Installation Problem

FSUGAL

I know you must get this same question over and over but I just cant figure out whats wrong.

define('DB_NAME', 'zzsfyhw_Blog');

define('DB_USER', 'zzsfyhw_fsu');

define('DB_PASSWORD', 'mypassword')

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

I changed the password to protect the not so innocent. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I know its something silly but I just dont see it.

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with the way you have it setup. I figured it had to be the pass so I took a look for you. This one is real easy and I would have changed it for you but didn't want to leave your install open until you were ready.

Change the first letter of your password to lower case.

define('DB_PASSWORD', 'Mypassword')

to

define('DB_PASSWORD', 'mypassword')

Okay new question. I have somehow managed to screw this up. I am not even computer illiterate (I completely wrote another website in straight HTML with no problems) but for some reason this stuff is getting the best of me.

Do you know of a dumbeddown version of the installation instructions for Wordpress anywhere? I followed the instructions on this site but apparently those are too advanced for me. I am trying to put the blog so that it appears at www.site.com/blog and now I cant even get back into the WP admin. I am thinking it might be best for me to uninstall this and try again. So if you happen to know any idiots guide to installing wp I would be grateful.

So where is it now?  You just need to extract the archive or upload the archive to a folder in you public_html folder called "blog".

Im not really sure where it is. I think thats part of the problem - I cant even pull it up to log into the admin now. And I dont have any archives Im starting this blog new. I cant figure WP out. I am reading the Moveable Type info and if that doesnt work then I am just going to skip the blog.

Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear that it is working. The problem I had one time was that I dind't extract the files properly, so I lost the directory structure, which is obviously very important. (What a silly mistake. I know better than that!)

Let us know if you encounter any further problems. We really DO love to help! (And we can solve MOST problems, when we get our heads together!)