Yep, Giving Away An Xbox or Treo 90!

Lianna

Y'all ready for this? Head Guru loves these contests!

What: Original design of desktop wallpaper for Windows based pc's.

How: The design is up to you, but the theme of course MUST be based on/around/about TotalChoice Hosting!

To Enter: Submit to this forum (Xbox Giveaway) your wallpaper entry as an uploaded file. Include a link to your website in your entry (required).

The Catch: While there are many purposes to these contests, one big reason is for the promotion of TCH. So, all entrants MUST have a Link to TCH on their site's homepage. You can get linking instructions here. TEXT LINKS are preferred!

When: Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm (GMT-6) on June 20, 2003. That's a whole month to design your wallpaper and get it posted, so take care and do a really good job!

Judging: There will be three judges for this contest - lstover, sicilychick and dsdemmin. Judgement will be based on the following attributes (among others):

1. Relationship of wallpaper to TCH - how well the entry portrays TCH and its offerings and beliefs.

2. Aestethic appeal and usability of the wallpaper design.

3. Creativity, originality

The winning entry must agree to relinquish all rights to the wallpaper design to TCH and it becomes the sole property of TCH! Credit will be given to the designer, of course.

We hope that these rules will help to promote your site as well as TCH. So have fun with it and GOOD LUCK!

Oh, yeah and did I mention this: The winner gets an XBox courtesy of TotalChoice Hosting!

There will be three judges for this contest - lstover, sicilychick and dsdemmin.

Um... my three kids want to know if I can be bought.

Let's see:

Lawn mowed until college.

Dishes done until college.

Dog (you know) picked up until college.

Laundry done... until college.

Clean cars and truck until college (weekly).

Hose vacuumed every other day... until college.

And did I mention nightly backrubs?

And speaking of college.... scholarships?

Lianna and Patty... we need to talk. :unsure:

Update to Rules and Prizes!! Please READ this!

Rules Addendum -

Entrant must be a current TCH hosting client.

Only one entry per account holder.

Prize Addendum -

Winner will be given a choice! Winner may choose ONE of the following two prizes:

Is there a preferred size? 800x600, 1024x768, doesn't matter?

There is no rule for size limitations/considerations. Of course this could play into the aesthetics portion of the judging. (???) What I personally would consider ideal is a wallpaper that looked good no matter what the screen resolution. :P

Hi!

Well I've got a wallpaper ready... How do I submit? Do I simply upload to the forum? And which format would be best? I've got it as a .jpg (224kb), .gif (705kb), and the standard wallpaper .bmp (3,75Mb).

Thanks in advance,

Juergen

Uh, yes, and: TCH Rocks

Begin a new topic in this forum for your entry. Each entrant should have their own own topic. I have enabled file attachments for the forum so simply attach your wallpaper file to your post. Don't forget to include your domain url where we can see the link to TCH (must be on your site per the rules).

The jpg format would be great!

This may sound odd but as a reseller I made the decision to provide a link but not show it on the page, the spider sees it as a link but no text is associated with it, does this count as a link? I will accept your ruling. :)

Guest atomikada
There is no rule for size limitations/considerations. Of course this could play into the aesthetics portion of the judging. (???) What I personally would consider ideal is a wallpaper that looked good no matter what the screen resolution.
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but you might want to tell people to make it in several different sizes because stretched graphics never really look good.

.... provide a link but not show it on the page, the spider sees it as a link but no text is associated with it, does this count as a link?

Sorry, it was a 2 part question.

What if we don't show a text link but do have a hidden link?

Thanks.

Mr. Bill:

This will be acceptable under web hosting reseller accounts only. I am thinking of better alternatives for everyone... will keep you posted.

Well, being this is my first post here at the Family Forums, I would like to say hello to all the members and a thank you to the Administration for making all of this possible. I submitted my signup about 7 hours ago, so I'm still waiting to be approved and have my account created, so until then, I was looking on these Forums and found this thread. I am done with my wallpaper(it's only my 2nd one ever done, so don't be too harsh on me), so I am just waiting for my account to be setup so I can host it and also get started on my website.

Anyways, just thought I'd post here and let everyone know I'm one of the newest people around, and hopefully will become a part of the family soon enough...:)

-y2k-

Is that Treo running PalmOS?

*remembers his old palm pilot and shudders*

What a boring PDA OS :)

I like the Windows OS for PDAs, forget the name.. but i know it comes on the HP Jordanas

Well, now that I'm just waiting on my domain to resolve, I would like to than TCH for the hosting and for supplying the Family with a great atmosphere to mingle and talk about anything and everything, and last of all for holding this contest for it's members! IMO, TCH is truly the best host out there, and I am honored to be a part of the Family... ;)

Keep up the great work, and I will post my entry when my domain gets transferred and is working properly. Thanks again!

Also, what do you think about my avatar? Move your mouse over it once you can tell it's looping for a surprise...:P

-y2k-

• 2 weeks later...

*is kinda new here* Thanks to bladestorm.net for introducing me here. :)

I seem to get pretty nifty wth photoshop, and I'd like am xbox... contest IS still going, right? I'll give this a shot.

EDIT: ...there is only a first place prize? or firs AND second? A good idea might be:

Allow the first place winner to choose which one he wants, and the second place winner is just stuck with the other one. :) Of course, just an idea.