Entering Private Section

dazmond

Hello, i resently bought a hosting pakage from your good selfs and followed the instructions to change my password, i can access all my files and foldes via FTP but when accesssing the "private" folder through the browers it askes for my username and new password, which i give, but then replies with the following:

"Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

i'm uesing a mac and have tyred it in internet explorer and safari but both don't seen to work.

any ideas of what i am doing rong would be greatly apprestiated

thanks darren

The _private folder is used by Front Page and is not directly accessible. If you are not using Front Page you can log into your CPanel and uninstall the Front Page extensions. You can create a password protected folder in your CPanel under the Web Protect option.