Trying To Use Mailman

I went to CPanel Mailing list maintenance and created a new mailing list called varsity@clearlakevolleyball.com. I then clicked on the Edit button and got the Mailman general options page. I made changes and hit Submit Your Changes, but got the following error message...

=-=-=-=

Server52.totalchoicehosting.com mailing lists - Admin Links

No such list varsity_clearlakevolleyball.com

There currently are no publicly-advertised Mailman mailing lists on server52.totalchoicehosting.com.To visit the administrators configuration page for an unadvertised list, open a URL similar to this one, but with a '/' and the right list name appended. If you have the proper authority, you can also create a new mailing list.

=-=-=-=

I know the list should exist because I clicked from it in CPanel to GET to the options page... IT set the name for me on the General Options page...

What am I doing wrong?

---Steve

Steve,

I cant see a need to move the post. I cant answer your question as I do not use mailing lists though. Just because there has not been a reply in four hours does not mean that you posted in the wrong place or anyone is ignoring you.

Patience grasshopper.

Steve, its a weekend and the weather is nice :)

and I suspect not that many are using mailman

so it may take a few days for the family members that do

to check in and offer some help.

Have you checked the mailman site to see if there is any insight there?

Steve, its a weekend and the weather is nice  :)

and I suspect not that many are using mailman

so it may take a few days for the family members that do

to check in and offer some help.

I'm new... and as I've searched archives I've seen references to topics being moved. Didn't know if I was in the right place.

Have you checked the mailman site to see if there is any insight there?

I'll give it a shot. It seems that I'm not really using Mailman yet, though. I've just tried to do a config in CPanel to creat the list... then Mailman didn't see it. So it seems like it might not be a Mailman issue.

I found Mailman documentation itself at

http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mail...ickref-0.2.html

It talks about being prompted for my mailing list password. I don't see that prompt when I click on Edit from the CPanel mailing list form. I just get right to the admin page. But if I click on Logout in order to try logging in again and getting the prompt, I can't logout without getting the same message in my first post; that the list does not even exist on the server.

I found CPanel documentation for Mailman at

http://cpanelmanual.hostingireland.ie/mailingLists.htm

I deleted my mailing list and recreated it precisely by the instructions just to be sure... same result. (I think I had used the same procedure the first time I created it.) At the point that I'm hitting the wall, I've actually done very little... just the CPanel config.

I'm at a total loss as how to proceed...

Has there been some disableing of the CPanel Mailman config like there is for the CPanel anon FTP?