Trying To Set Up An Ftp Photodrop

scutchen

I am hosting a site for a school volleyball team. Parents take pictures and I want them to get them to me via the site. I first thought of anon FTP but saw that it was disabled. So I went to CPanel and tried to set up a dedicated FTP account.

I created a folder called photodrop in my public_html folder.

I used CPanel Password Protect Directories to set permissions to world read/write.

I went to FTP Manager in CPanel and created a user photodrop@clearlakevolleyball.com with a password.

I then went to my FTP program (Interarchy) and tried to log in.

Server: www.clearlakevolleyball.com

Path: photodrop/

Username: photodrop@clearlakevolleyball.com

Password: the one I gave it...

I get reprompted for the password because the login fails.

If I use my account username and password, I get to the folder no problem.

I've tried a bunch of stuff, nothing has worked.

Now I can't get to CPanel or FTP in even with my account info... It just times out, like FTP access is locked.

What am I doing wrong?

You should use 'ftp.clearlakevolleyball.com' for 'Server' in your FTP program.

Now I can't get to CPanel or FTP in even with my account info... It just times out, like FTP access is locked.

Your IP address may have been blocked due to an incorrect password being entered too many times. If this is the case, you'd need to submit a ticket to the Help Desk to get it unblocked.

• 9 months later...

When you set up an ftp account and specify a folder, does this mean that the users will have access to all folders under that folder? For example, if I set up an account assigned to a folder called Genealogy for family members to share their research, will they have access to subfolders of Genealogy, such as Smith, Jones, Colburn, etc.?