Subdomain Stats?

guita01

Why does the main awstats ignore stats for the subdomains? It seems that since the subdomains are all folders of the main domain, the awstats on the main domain should track what is happening in the folders that are subdomains as well.

Since I use subdomains, I can't use awstats to get a picture of the traffic on my entire site. At least, I can't figure out how to do it.

If you didn't use subdomains and only used folders your awstats would include everything.

Just add the totals for your main domain and your subs to get a full total.

Well, I recognize that I could add them up... But I have 9 subdomains on one of my sites. Checking the awstats for all 9 subdomains and then adding the totals in the different categories is quite bothersome.

That's why I was wondering why there isn't (or is there?) some way to get an aggregate total. It would be nice if you could have a site-wide awstats option. (But I recognize that this is not a TCH issue... This is just a general rant :P)

if I check the stats for my subdomain http://gas.guitarforum.net  does it also count the stats for http://guitarforum.net/gas ?  Or is it ONLY those who are pointed via the subdomain?  What if it gets switched from the sub.domain to domain/sub after they navigate to the site?

To clarify a little further.

If they access the site using the subdomain address it's counted in the subdomain stats.

If they access it using the domain/sub address it is counted in the domain stats.

Hope that helps.

Well, I recognize that I could add them up... But I have 9 subdomains on one of my sites. Checking the awstats for all 9 subdomains and then adding the totals in the different categories is quite bothersome.

That's why I was wondering why there isn't (or is there?) some way to get an aggregate total. It would be nice if you could have a site-wide awstats option. (But I recognize that this is not a TCH issue... This is just a general rant :P)

Here's a possible solution. Get a stats program you can run locally. Then download the individual logs and concatenate them and run it through the analyzer.