Refer Script

kaz

Its a script that displays all referers and all people who have visited your site from where, including search engines, its miles better than the awfull 300 latest visitors that cpanel gives, it displays them in simple format, and it takes 10 seconds to install one mysql table, the problem is, that I cant install it, can someone do this? Ive attached the file :thumbup1:

Refer.zip

I installed it following the instructions on the page Thomas gave the link to.  What problems are you having when trying to install it?

Please can you do it for me? The problem is I get a MySQL error when trying to install it ;) Very Strange as my details are correct ive doubled and trebble checked

I stopped paying attention to referers that much due to the fact that spammers are sending fake referers in requests to sites in the hope that the site is showing a list of referers somewhere.

Erm .. say what? :P

What is the error? That script should only take a couple seconds to install.

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/deathea/public_html/setupdb.php on line 48

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/deathea/public_html/setupdb.php on line 52

could not create table refer2

Are you sure that your database information (including permissions) is correct and correctly entered in refer.php?

I just set this up on another of my domains in the last few minutes, and it works perfectly.

Go to the place where you created your MySQL databse.

At the bottom, there's a place to create a user ID and to assign permissions to a database.

Select the User ID and the database, then click the ALL box.

I created a new user with permissions to all on the refer database and updated my config but still get

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/deathea/public_html/setupdb.php on line 48

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/deathea/public_html/setupdb.php on line 52

could not create table refer1

Please can you do it for me? The problem is I get a MySQL error when trying to install it  :(  Very Strange as my details are correct ive doubled and trebble checked

Erm .. say what? :thumbup:

What I mean is that spammers are sending requests to your site for webpages and putting in a fake referer in the hope that you have a publically available list of refers

When you enter the database name and database user are you entering it as: yourcpanelname_databasename and yourcpanelname_username?

Yes, my cpanel name is "deathea"

My code is (for the file refer.php)

Never mind done it!!!!!!! thanks everyone the problem was I had

$dbname='somethinghere ';

and I had a space after the name, it should be "dbname" not "dbname "

:thumbup1:

Edited by kaz

Wait Im getting this error in refer.php

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare rcfg() (previously declared in /home/deathea/public_html/refer.php:22) in /home/deathea/public_html/refer.php on line 17

Line 17 Reads

function rcfg()

and line 22 reads

>[I]$rcfg['usr']   = 'deathea_superman'; [/I]     //line 22
$rcfg['pw']    = 'xxxxxxxxx';      
$rcfg['host']  = 'localhost';   
$rcfg['db']    = 'deathea_oicaracta';      
$rcfg['table'] = 'referdata';

:thumbup1: