Jump to content
d17g

Form Submit Not Working

Recommended Posts

I created my site (www.peachcreekfarm.us) with a "contact" form. The site is built using FP. The form works fine when the user comes in to www.peachcreekfarm.us. I also have an alternate domain name (www.peachcreekfarm.com) that is mapped to the same web site (not a redirect). When the user comes into this URL the contact form breaks with teh message:

 

FrontPage Error.

User: please report details to this site's webmaster.

 

 

Webmaster: please see the server's system log for more details

 

I have not been able to find the message in my logs.

 

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

 

Thanks,

 

James Page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know nothing about frontpage, but I took a quick look at the contact form page (with the .com address), both with Firefox and Internet explorer and found nothing wrong with it.

But I am not sure if the visitors see the error you describe before or after the message is sent (since I did not fill out the form), so the error may appear or may not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know nothing about frontpage, but I took a quick look at the contact form page (with the .com address), both with Firefox and Internet explorer and found nothing wrong with it.

But I am not sure if the visitors see the error you describe before or after the message is sent (since I did not fill out the form), so the error may appear or may not.

 

Hi Thomas,

 

Yes, so far as I can tell the form itself is ok. Try the submit with any info to get the message. I have attached the raw log so that you can see the difference between the 200 responses for the .us and .com domains.

 

I'm fairly sure its something internal to FP.

 

Thanks

accesslog_peachcreekfarm_1.us_7_31_2005.gz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I tried both forms and see the same error.

 

Sorry, I also do not use FP

but I bet some family member that does will be along to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James,

 

What are you doing with the results of your form? Meaning, are you having the results saved to a file, or sent to an email address, etc?

 

While I am unable to view your post of the log, the problem sounds similar to one I was having the other day.

 

JM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi JM,

 

I am sending an email, after which I display what was sent.

 

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's curious, James.

 

Are you certain that FP is not attempting to also write the results to a file on your server?

 

Go to your form, do Form Properties. Look and see if it is trying to write to a text file in the _private folder.

 

If you are using a Confirmation Page to display the results to the user, make sure you have the form configured to the correct confirmation page under the Confirmation Page tab (Form Properties > Options button).

 

On the E-mail Results tab (Form Properties > Options button), in the Email Header section, make sure that information is correct. If you have a "Form Field Name" checkbox that is checked, note that whatever you enter in the field below that must be referring to a field from your form.

 

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Let me know,

 

JM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have access to the site rignht now, but looking at the source for the form, it appears that there is a save results webbot, so it may be writing a file.

 

I may need to change the link to the form so that it goes specifically to the .us site rather than use the .com site

 

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the form is saving to a file, and you don't need it to save to a file (just email), try deleting out the file name in Form Properties so that it doesn't save to a file.

 

Then, try submitting through your form. My problem the other day was that I was using a form that was trying to write results to a file in the main web, and the form was located in a sub domain. FP had not compensated for the change in level in the URL when I moved the page from the main domain to the sub domain.

 

Your problem sounded somewhat famliar ... so try taking out the file name in the form properties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...