Maybe Someone Can Tell Me Where I Went Wrong?

trefilov22

here is the code for the popup window I want to open. It opens the window, but displays nothing. This code is what it should display... Its an included guestbook form...... Any idea where I went wrong, or will it just not display due to the apache servers? Thanks in advance!

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<META http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">

<TITLE>Feedback Form</TITLE>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css">

<META name="robots" content="noindex nofollow">

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<DIV align="center">

<TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse; width:400px" width="450" class="main">

<TR>

<TD>

<FORM method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" name="Feedback Form" onSubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;" webbot-onSubmit>

<!--WEBBOT bot="SaveResults" u-file="guestbook.htm" s-format="HTML/BR" s-label-fields="TRUE" s-builtin-fields="Date" B-Reverse-Chronology="TRUE" S-Date-Format="%d %b %Y" U-Confirmation-Url="feedbackthanks.htm" startspan S-Form-Fields="Name Comments " --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" -->

<H2 align="center" style="text-align: center"><STRONG>Add Your Comments</STRONG></H2>

<P align="center"><INPUT type="text" name="Name" size="35" tabindex="1"> <B>Name</B></P>

<P align="center"><TEXTAREA name="Comments" rows="8" cols="52" tabindex="2"></TEXTAREA></P>

<P align="center"><INPUT type="image" src="images/buttonsubmit.jpg" value="Submit Comments" name="submit" width="88" height="23"> <INPUT type="image" src="images/buttonreset.jpg" value="Clear Comments" name="reset" width="88" height="23"><BR>

</P>

</FORM>

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</DIV>

</BODY>

</HTML>

Quick question,

did you install frontpage extensions in your cpanel?

If so, try uninstalling the extensions and then reinstall.

THanks for the quick response Don. I appreciate that! Yeah, I have tried that thinking that maybe it might help. Unfortunately it did not. I have become resigned to that fact that it could be a compatability issue between frontpage and the apache servers. If thats the case I may just have to go with a 3rd party guestbook? Do you happen to know of any? I thought I read something about viper on here. Will that allow you to keep your background so that it matches the rest of the pages? Thats my main concern. Thanks again for the help!

Viper http://www.vipergb.de.vu/

will let you use your own header and footer code and if you change the file permission as per thei instructions

your can play with the style from the admin page.

They have a notice on their site

I'm sorry but I've decided to quit the ViPER Guestbook project with this release.

There will be no further releases of this script but I'm working on a new guestbook script that uses most parts of the ViPER Guestbook engine and provides all new features that were planned for version 1.3

Though the new guestbook script won't be compatible to ViPER Guestbook you'll be able to import your old entries into the new guestbook. I can't yet tell when the new script is going to be released or under which name.

But the current version works just fine.

So I am going to use it on more sites.