stevevan

What Is This World Coming To?

I just read this article about a t-ball coach (8 year old kids) who paid one of his players to hurt a mentally disabled teammate so the coach wouldn't have to put disabled kid into the game. The price?

$25. :)

It´s a sad reading. :)

It makes me wonder, who of the player and the coach really are mentally disabled?

That is just so wrong, on so many levels... :)

And for us to get a lynch mob together to beat up the coach?

Free

Some things money can't buy...

That is disgusting.

The topic of the post also reminds me of a news story I read recently, in which a man beat his three-year old for months to prevent him from becoming gay.

The child slipped into a coma, and died.

Edited by marie b.

TCH-Steve - I recently came back from a peace conference in Boulder, CO where I got to meet Jane Goodall and others. Although it may not seem like it would be relevent, I think it is. I wrote a writeup about my thoughts from that conference, which you can find here: http://www.snipe.net/content/view/140/73/

World/environmental/animal peace may seem much bigger than the horrible things like the story you relayed, but I am a firm believer in the fact that its all connected. Its hard for me to remain optimistic about our future, as a global society, when I see all of the terrible (and sometimes downright evil) things that people do to each other, the animals, and the environment every single day. But in that essay I wrote, you'll maybe find a little bit of hope. Its not all bubblegum and happy faces, but I think that most people who have read have taken away something good.

Edited by snipe