Question On Domains

Concordia

Hello, your site is very appealing, and I am highly considering joining. I just have one question about the domains.

Do I need my own domain (www.sitedomain.com) or will you give me a free one, like for example wwww.totalchoicehosting.com/username?

I do not currently have a domain and I am not interested in buying one, however I can register a free sub-domain from a site such as 2ya.com if required.

Thank you for your response,

Concordia

Welcome to the forum :lol:

If they are two separate domains, to different files, then you would need 2 accounts.

If they are mytchdomain.com and mytchdomain.net, pointing to the same files, then you can have them on one account.

Hi and welcome to the forum. :lol:

Yes, as long they point to same content/root, you can park them on top of each other.

For having different domains to point to different content within same hosting account you will need a reseller account.

oh so I can't have something like mypersonalsite.com and mybusinesssite.com

pointing to 2 different sites in different folders?

Just to clarify then (was about to ask this question myself).

I already have an account with TCH (virtual), but am currently considering another online venture (which would just be a very small site initially), there's NO way for me to use the same account for both domains (assuming I wanted the content totally seperate)?

Also, I notice that your cheapest reseller account is $19.99, so I'd be cheaper to just buy a completely seperate virtual account... yes?

TIA.

Hosting two or several domains on same account, would only be allowed on a reseller account unless parked on each other pointing to the same content.

So in your case, it´s correct, 2 virtual accounts would be what you are looking for, unless going for a reseller. :thumbup: