Threats

DaffiDuck

I have received 2 email threats and where does one report them? I dont believe Totalchoice is the place but FBI or FCC?

It is directly related to my actions where I blocked someone else's website from linking to mine and then I have a link on my website to some OTHER website where this person is NOW named.

I have linked to this website forEVER and this guy just now appears on the page. Given that his REALNAME is not listed....just his user nickname LOL, but he has posted his real name and address and phone ALL over and in the GUEST BOOK of mine and this other site. He has left threats there also.

I have recently posted on here on asking how to block access to my website and stopping someone from linking to me.

You could find out what his host is (through whois.sc or others), and have him removed from their services for all kinds of abuse.

Or, if the threats are serious and more than just posturing, you could contact authorities (not sure which - someone here will help).

Edited by marie b.

Since this other person is in Germany, I don't think that any law enforcement (FBI) or government agency (FCC) in the U.S. would be able to help - they have no jurisdiction outside of the U.S.

Since the threats were sent by e-mail, I'd suggest tracking down the ISP or hosting company they originated from and submit an abuse complaint.

I would contact his host, explaining the situation and including any emails or copies of the threats you have.

I'd also ask them to be discreet, and explain your fears.

I did on late Friday or was it Saturday....Figure they are off for the weekend.....or being blasted by the Hurricane.

I will followup with this.....

He has now sent another email giving me 24 hours or he goes to the police....

I am not frightened by this......just that he needs to be stopped at his attempts to threaten

Send him back an email saying:

All emails from the address: xyz@abc.com are being ignored. Your message has been immediately and automatically deleted and has not been forwarded or viewed by any human.

At least that's what I'd do. Then follow up with Bill's advice on the help desk ticket to abuse and you may even want to aggressively protect your site with constant monitoring and disabling guestbooks temporarily, etc.

If he does go to the police then he'd be doing you a favor. It's like the lady that snotched the keys from the getaway car the guys were using to rob her - they called the police and she told them what happened and they went to jail. :)

If you want to get into it, remind him that you are not obligated to allow any links to your site or to link to any other and unless something untrue shows up on YOUR site about this bozo it's not your problem.

I've see a lot of good advice on this subject.

Trying to go after someone via legal action in another country, I believe, would be problematic a best.

However, as suggested, a note from the Abuse Manager of TCH to the hosting company and ISP of the offender might pull a little more weight than a person in some places. :blink: If you have either of these please let me know and I will carry that forward for you.

Sorry that these things happen. Unfortunately this is part of the risk by being on the internet and having a web site.

Take care,

I've see a lot of good advice on this subject.

Trying to go after someone via legal action in another country, I believe, would be problematic a best.

However, as suggested, a note from the Abuse Manager of TCH to the hosting company and ISP of the offender might pull a little more weight than a person in some places.  :D  If you have either of these please let me know and I will carry that forward for you.

Sorry that these things happen.  Unfortunately this is part of the risk by being on the internet and having a web site.

Take care,

He sent me a threat this AM telling me my "time is up" and that he is going to the Police.

I sure wish i could see the police's face when this guy tells him that "DAFFI DUCK" is doing this to him....

But he is now taking my tutorials and copying them.... and putting them on his website as his work.....

Yes I have that Info......I thought I had already sent a abuse request, but I do not find it in my "sent" email... I will PM you the information