marie b.

Asking For Opinions

I'm exceptionally proud of how this turned out.

I know that there are some photographers on the board, but everyone is welcome to share their thoughts.

I'm an amateur by far, so I suppose this is a bit of ego stroking.

PurpleFlower1.jpg

I find the use of contrasting colors works well in this picture. The lighting brings out the texture and ads to the realism of the subject. It moved me to tears.

Actually, if you couldn't tell, I know nothing of photography. I must say that it is a striking photo though.

Wow, Rob. Thanks. :lol:

I should probably mention, in case anyone wonders, that the photograph was taken with a Nikon 2200 on the "Scene / Close Up" setting, and is completely un-edited, save for the border.

An excellent photo, great colours and contrast, overall a very good balance :lol:

I know nothing about photography, but unless you had said the amateur part, you could have fooled me easily. :)

Well done, marie. :)

Marie, its not easy to get good closeups,

so you did great!

As mentioned good lighting and composition.

Thanks, everyone. : )

Overall an excellent photo in terms of composition and colors. My only comment is that the natural center of interest (in my view) are the more delicate central protuberances (what the heck do you call those, anyway?), and they seem slightly out of focus. I wonder if the image could be improved by shifting the center of focus to these items instead of the foreground?

Anyway, I do some photography myself, in addition to my career as a graphic designer. And I've art directed a few photo shoots (which makes critiquing second nature - you know what they say: "Those who can't, criticize.").

You have a great photo there, regardless.

Overall an excellent photo. Did you use a macro lense for this shot? If so, which one?

Nelson

:tchrocks:

they seem slightly out of focus. I wonder if the image could be improved by shifting the center of focus to these items instead of the foreground?

I actually didn't even mean to take the shot at such a close proximity .. I haven't used this camera much, and was trying to capture the whole bouquet. :)

Overall an excellent photo.  Did you use a macro lense for this shot?  If so, which one?

Nelson

:flex:

I just used the "Scene / Close Up (flower icon)" setting which is macro but with a flash, I guess. It really made the color come to life, as I tried it with regular macro and it was so washed out.

I actually didn't even mean to take the shot at such a close proximity ..  I haven't used this camera much, and was trying to capture the whole bouquet.  :flex:

I just used the "Scene / Close Up (flower icon)" setting which is macro but with a flash, I guess. It really made the color come to life, as I tried it with regular macro and it was so washed out.

Gee, that sounds just like my Fuji FinePixS7000.

Cool picture. It makes a great desktop background, too.

Bob