500 Errors Solved!

Alas, this MT user is still suffering from error messages - not the standard 500 server error messages, but messages relayed through the MT Dynamic Pages error template:

The requested page could not be found.

Page not found - /cgi-bin/mt/mt.cgi

When I spoke with MT techs last week, they thought that the messages resulted from the buggy DBD::MySQL module. I decided to wait and see what happened when that issue was resolved. Looks like I still have a problem - possibly an unrelated problem. I'd like to be sure before contacting MT again, though.

Has TCH actually updated to the new version of the DBD::MySQL driver that MT describes here? Thanks!

To my knowledge, a new DBD::mysql module has not been installed on TCH servers as there hasn't been a stable version of the driver available that CPanel could compile and install.

To see if you're affected by the DBD::mysql module issue, run mt-check.cgi and see what version is reported for DBD::mysql (under "Checking for Data Storage Modules"). If the version reported is 3.0000, you have the buggy version of the module installed on your server. If the version is 2.9006, you're okay. :)

If your server has the 3.0000 version of DBD::mysql installed, your best bet is to submit a Help Desk ticket and ask them to roll back DBD::mysql to the 2.9006 version. If you continue to receive the same error, then it would appear that you indeed have a separate issue with your MT installation.

If your server has the 3.0000 version of DBD::mysql installed, your best bet is to submit a Help Desk ticket and ask them to roll back DBD::mysql to the 2.9006 version.  If you continue to receive the same error, then it would appear that you indeed have a separate issue with your MT installation.

Just submitted the ticket. Thanks, David.

To see if you're affected by the DBD::mysql module issue, run mt-check.cgi and see what version is reported for DBD::mysql (under "Checking for Data Storage Modules"). 

Um... exactly how does one do that? I've spent the last half hour pouring over my CPanel trying to figure out where the heck I'd find that info, but to no avail. I'm completely mystified and a bit frustrated. There is no "Checking for Data Storage Modules" that I've been able to find.

Edited by preemptivekarma

You find your MT directory, and run mt-check.cgi.

Type [yourdomain]/mt (or cgi-bin/mt)/mt-check.cgi into your address bar, press enter, and the information will come up on the screen.

Example :

>http://yahoo.com/mt/mt-check.cgi

or

http://yahoo.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-check.cgi

Edited by marie b.