Images.google.com

natas

I have a photo blog CS It about three years old. Last month I had to increase my bandwidth using my accounts WHM to about 14GB.

Most of the traffic is coming from people doing searches on images.google.com. It seems like most of my bandwidth is getting used up with these Google Image searches. Is there a movable type plugin or a script that i can add to my templates to say something like "blocked for conservation of bandwidth".

Dont get me wrong, I want people to visit my site, I just would like to see if I can block people from doing Google Image searches and just coming up with a single image from my site. I would perfer that they did a regular search engine search and got my my site...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-chris

If you use Thomas's recommendation (which sounds good to me), you should note that you won't appear at all in the image search result. However, I don't know of a way that you can still show up in the image search result but with a "Denied to conserve bandwidth" message in stead of your image.

So either it's (1) allow Google image search to show your images, or (2) don't show up at all in the Google Image Search result list.

Best of luck,

If you use Thomas's recommendation (which sounds good to me), you should note that you won't appear at all in the image search result. However, I don't know of a way that you can still show up in the image search result but with a "Denied to conserve bandwidth" message in stead of your image.

So either it's (1) allow Google image search to show your images, or (2) don't show up at all in the Google Image Search result list.

Best of luck,

You know, I think maybe I will leave things as they are. I really hope that I don't have to purchase additional bandwidth for this one site. :lol2: