Index page not displaying

ejh

Ahh! I can't figure out how to do this...

First, I am using Microsoft FrontPage. :unsure:

So... there's this page, www.Gale2006.com. We used it as a "temporary" website just so we weren't advertising for GoDaddy. Well tonight, I decieded to launch the site, and the homepage published to www.Gale2006.com/index.htm... which I thought was what I wanted. The only problem is... when you punch up www.Gale2006.com, you get the old site, not this new one I want. :wallbash:

What can I do? :wallbash: I know there's people out there a lot smarter than I am... Please help.

Thanks!

Eric

Edited by EricHamilton

Topic moved for organization.

You have two different index pages on your site. The new page you're uploading is index.htm, but browsing to http://www.Gale2006.com displays the page index.html.

If you delete the index.html page from the public_html directory on the server, browsing to your URL should display the new page instead (index.htm). Or, you could change the filename in FrontPage to index.html so it will overwrite the existing page on the server (and delete index.htm as an unnecessary duplicate). One way or the other, you ought to get rid of whichever file extension you don't want to use for the main index page.

Hope this helps...

Topic moved for organization.

You have two different index pages on your site.  The new page you're uploading is index.htm, but browsing to http://www.Gale2006.com displays the page index.html.

If you delete the index.html page from the public_html directory on the server, browsing to your URL should display the new page instead (index.htm).  Or, you could change the filename in FrontPage to index.html so it will overwrite the existing page on the server (and delete index.htm as an unnecessary duplicate).  One way or the other, you ought to get rid of whichever file extension you don't want to use for the main index page.

Hope this helps...

DAVID + :wallbash:

Thanks so much!!! :wallbash: :unsure: I really appreciate your help with that...

Thanks again,

Eric

• 4 weeks later...
Ahh! I can't figure out how to do this...

First, I am using Microsoft FrontPage. :tchrocks:

So... there's this page, www.Gale2006.com. We used it as a "temporary" website just so we weren't advertising for GoDaddy. Well tonight, I decieded to launch the site, and the homepage published to www.Gale2006.com/index.htm... which I thought was what I wanted. The only problem is... when you punch up www.Gale2006.com, you get the old site, not this new one I want. :tchrocks:

What can I do?  :tchrocks: I know there's people out there a lot smarter than I am... Please help.

Thanks!

Eric

Hey thats a nice site! Coming from a fellow Republican, good luck in '06! I would like to get into politics myself sometime...