How To Configure Phpbb

harvey_s

I've installed phpBB and can access it but the admin menu shown on phpBB's web site doesn't appear so I can start configuring the forums. Where are the tools for adding forums, users, moderators, etc ? I have three or four dozen more questions like that and wonder where to get the answers ? Thanks.

Is there a section of these forums devoted to phpBB ?

Edited by harvey_s

I've installed phpBB and can access it but the admin menu shown on phpBB's web site  doesn't appear so I can start configuring the forums.  Where are the tools for adding forums, users, moderators, etc ?    I have three or four dozen more questions like that and wonder where to get the answers ?  Thanks.

I don't use phpBB, but from what I understand, you need to click "Go to Administrator Panel" link at the bottom of the page and log in a second time to access the admin panel.

Questions about phpBB are best posted to the Scripting Talk forum.

I've installed phpBB and can access it but the admin menu shown on phpBB's web site  doesn't appear so I can start configuring the forums.  Where are the tools for adding forums, users, moderators, etc ?     I have three or four dozen more questions like that and wonder where to get the answers ?   Thanks.

I found out you have to login twice to see the admin thingy at the bottom. If I log on once I still show as a guest and after I log in again I show up as a registered user and the admin link is avail. However if I click Log in to check your private messages I am active as a user and see the admin link.....not sure if this is a bug as I have not had the patience to plow through all the stuff on the phpBB site. :)

LOL maybe I will get this right....sorry for all the edits....only one cup of coffee so far :)

Edited by Dumplin

I found out you have to login twice to see the admin thingy at the bottom.  If I log on once I still show as a guest and after I log in again I show up as a registered user and the admin link is avail.  However if I click Log in to check your private messages I am active as a user and see the admin link.....not sure if this is a bug as I have not had the patience to plow through all the stuff on the phpBB site.   :)

LOL maybe I will get this right....sorry for all the edits....only one cup of coffee so far :)

I think you did get it right, Dumplin. Just logging on once was not getting me to the admin panel and that's why I posted here. At some point I logged in twice and all of a sudden there was a link to the admin stuff.

Before that I also took a stab by using a url like this : mysite/phpbb/admin and darned if that didn't work.

Thanks everyone for your answers. I'll be going now to spend some time at the phpBB site.

I haven't used phpBB in a few months. But if I remember right, the double login was a extra security feature added to the 2.015 update.

Also for some great support you can also try this site:

http://www.phpbbstyles.com/

Greg

Thanks OT I loaded up the Notebored theme and love it. :)

I found out you have to login twice to see the admin thingy at the bottom.  If I log on once I still show as a guest and after I log in again I show up as a registered user and the admin link is avail.  However if I click Log in to check your private messages I am active as a user and see the admin link.....not sure if this is a bug as I have not had the patience to plow through all the stuff on the phpBB site.   :blink:

I think you did get it right, Dumplin. Just logging on once was not getting me to the admin panel and that's why I posted here. At some point I logged in twice and all of a sudden there was a link to the admin stuff.

I need step by step instructions with screen shots :blink:

Before that I also took a stab by using a url like this : mysite/phpbb/admin and darned if that didn't work.

Thanks everyone for your answers. I'll be going now to spend some time at the phpBB site.

Welcome to the TCH Family :)