chrislg

Search Feature

Hi,

I have done my webpage in Frontpage. I am trying to get the Search to work and when I paste it into html code it does nothing. When I publish to check it the html code shows up on the website. But when I check the search in cpanel it works fine. Can anyone help me on how to get this to work.

Thanks

Michelle

I haven't got the search feature on my website as I cannot get it to work. my website is www.qualityniknaks.com. When I paste the html code in frontpage it doesn't work at all..

I am thinking i am not pasting the html code in the correct place or something.

I am wanting to put the search on the homepage.

I appreciate your help with this as I am in severe need of a search on my site.

Michelle

So you are pasting

><form action="/cgi-sys/entropysearch.cgi" target=searchwindow>
Search Query <input type="text" name="query" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="user" value="cPanelname">
<input type="hidden" name="basehref" value="http://qualityniknaks.com">
<input type="hidden" name="template" value="default">
<input type="submit" value="Search">
</form>

using Front Page.

Are you pasting it in the normal or HTML pane? If it is normal then that is the reason, it should go in the HTML pane. To get it in the right spot, click in the normal pane where you want it to go. Then click the HTML pane and paste it from there. When you go back to normal view it should be where you need it to be.

Should this not work, let me know and I will help take a closer look at it.

Yes, that is exactly what I am pasting and I am pasting it into the HTML pane. Once I do that and I click on Normal or Preview pane it shows up like the HTML code. I even have gone as far as to publish it cause I thought maybe the reason it looks like a HTML code is because it is not published. Once it is published it shows up on the website in HTML code.

I really apprecaiate your help on this.

Michelle

I think you need to use the insert menu

Select INSERT from the menu bar.

Select Advanced | HTML

Just thought of something. Sometimes when I copy something from a webpage, the code from the page in cPanel and paste it in to FP it copies the HTML that is used to display that code in the browser as well. Try copting it from cPanel, paste it in Notepad then copy what is displayed in Notepad and paste it where you want in FP.

If that does not work, PM me and I will see what other options we can come up with.

Rob,

Yes, Yes, Yes, you are the best you got it to work. I cut it to notepad and copied from there to Frontpage and it worked instantly. I m so excited not I have a search. Thank you so, so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your patience.

Michelle

No problem,

This issue had me a bit perplexed because if you were doing it as you say you were then it should work. Showing the code after confused me, though this is normal. I was taking a guess that you might have been using IE as your browser and it hit me that a feature I noticed when copying text from my IE browser and pasting it into FrontPage under the HTML tab was that the paste brought all out the formatting along with it. As notepad does not see the formatting it would give you the exact code and a clean copy from there.

I am glad you got it sorted out.