I Wish You Guys Can Give Us More Monthly Bandwidth

I have upgraded my plan in last month, and now it's over 81% again, and there is still 7 days to go... I even don't dare to browse mysite any more! :)

wish... I could have more bandwidth (not the disk space, it's fine, I can even invite the whole FL ppls swim in it).

:clapping:

Kate

except that... everything is great... the support staffs are great too...

Edited by WowPicture

HI Kate :clapping:

Use of bandwidth is one of the joys, and problems, of a site becoming popular :)

Thanks for your comments though :)

We do review the amount of bandwidth we can afford to give on say the $5 account, and still make a slight profit ... and we keep the prices as low as we can whilst maintaining the quality of service.

hi Andy... thanks for your quickly reply...

yes... I know it's not a easy work to satisfied the customers and make enough profits at the same time, and you have already done a very good job and keep your cusotmers happy.

I am just worried that I am going to become one of your biggest cusomers by the end of this year if the usage rate keeps growing like this .. :clapping:

Kate

Edited by WowPicture

Hi Kate,

Thank you for being such a valued customer.

I have given you a free upgrade in your bandwidth! You will see this on your next cPanel login. Our way of saying thank you.

Enjoy and please browse your site without fear now :clapping:

I repeat Andy's words also.

oh my God!... you did it! oh my God...

thank you guys sooooo much!, we would never expect you would do this for us! nothing more to say... we are so lucky to find your company to host our site!

thanks again and again! 1074180277.gif

Kate

• 3 weeks later...

I also like TCH really much and I also have the same bandwidth problem, it's because my very new site www.teramosaic.com (and also my freeware program andreamosaic) is becoming more popular.

I temporarly solved the problem but soon or later I need a solution that offer much bandwidth at a cheap price. I found the only solution is a dedicated server, even if I don't need all the features of it (just simple http, no cpanel, no php, no mysql is required). Too bad that TCH's servers cost $150 x month.

Of course I will continue with TCH for my basic domain that I dropped to about 10 GB/month of usage.

just my 2 cents....

(Note: actually I need about 10 GB/day)

Honestly I like the prices of TCH, a virtual hosting that offer 20GB, cPanel, support, 750 MB/space, good network at only $5 is nearly a steal. I would never seek for something cheaper.

And if it's going for business, then spending for example $200 x month would not be a problem, because in that case you need quality, support, good network, etc.

But for a free server that offer just a file download, I can accept some little compromise on the quality (no fast network, no extra services, little support).

I'm not looking for 300 GB bandwidth/month at $10 but at a hosting solution (for example) at around $60/month. I will try to get some income through advertising and selling products associated with the project. If after one year the income will cover a high percent of the server expenses GOOD! else probably I have to shut it down (the teramosaic project). This is the reason for a cheap solution, just for let survive a free personal site.

Please understand my situation. ;)

Hi,

I understand, and accept your position. However, we have chosen not to go into the market of low quality, cheap servers, slower networks. We use top quality servers, with fast network access etc. Hence, Bill's comment, "you get what you pay for".

If you want a cheap server, no fast network, no extra services, little support, then we are not the company to provide it for you - because it does not fit with out business ethics.

Hi,

I understand, and accept your position. However, we have chosen not to go into the market of low quality, cheap servers, slower networks.

That's why I am here. ;)

My main domain will remain on TCH. I just was searching for a cheaper solution for the file server.

thank you :)

Don't forget that you can add bandwidth to any plan at a cost of $2.50 per month per Gigabyte of bandwidth. That may be a solution for some. Also upgrading to the next higher package, although it has extras you may not need, would also prove to be the most cost effective for some.

At least you're not on one of those "other guys" where you don't need the bandwidth because they are down 30% of the time! :)

Also, reducing the number of table cells would decrease the file size of each page. The header where your logo is, in particular, could be done with much less code. If you want to reduce file size even further, use css to replace the image rollovers in the nav.

Also, reducing the number of table cells would decrease the file size of each page.  The header where your logo is, in particular, could be done with much less code.  If you want to reduce file size even further, use css to replace the image rollovers in the nav.

Do you mean my web site? The high bandwidth is required only for the image download. This here is just test image, I am going to publish a much bigger one. :).

http://www.andreaplanet.com/mosaic/starrynight

Zooming through the image can take between 1 MByte and 10 MByte of download x visitor. The 5 KByte for Logo & Html is really minimal.

But yes, I have to find a way to reduce bandwidth for the image.

Edited by andreaplanet

• 1 month later...

Reading this whole thread one question come to my mind.

Do you have guys maybe a plan to add another extra large webhosting plan for much more price or maybe upgrading of platinum plan with more bandwidth and diskspace for of course more price?

Actually i do not have any problems at the moment but you never knows what future can brengt to you and $2.50 per month per Gigabyte is probably expensive solution for a lot of customers.

Bandwidth I hope will become an issue with me soon as well, though after the $5 plan I wouldn't need more space and as $5 gets you 20gig, the $2.50 for 1 gig extra seems a lot, would you consider doing higher bandwidth add ons in the future.

I'm upto 3 gig right now, so not rushing too much, though we are adding the downloads bit by bit.

But, I'd rather pay more and get your level of service, though I was paying more, getting less and no service, so everything here is a bonus on that ;)

$2.50 for 1 gig extra seems a lot, would you consider doing higher bandwidth add ons in the future.

But $3.95 will get you an extra 15GB of bandwidth. Just upgrade to the Deluxe plan. It doesn't matter if you don't need the extra disk space now. You may in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kate,

Thank you for being such a valued customer.

I have given you a free upgrade in your bandwidth!  You will see this on your next cPanel login.  Our way of saying thank you.

Enjoy and please browse your site without fear now :tchrocks:

I repeat Andy's words also.

I was gonna mention this earlier, but busy busy I am...

Now, this is one of the reasons I like TCH. When I switched from a smaller, intimate webhosting business (where you'd maybe people who dont need to stay strict to certain business practices, and can give you some little extra this and that here) to TCH, I thought I was giving that intimacy (in lack of a better word) up. After seeing this, I've definatly been proved wrong.

:)