I Need A New Monitor

TCH-Thomas

I am in need of a new monitor so I am thinking about going for a flat screen.

I know a little about good old monitors, but nothing about flat screens, except that Jessicas flat screen monitor is great but too expensive for my wallet.

Is there a special brand/model that is better than others or is there some I should not get? Other things I should think about when I make a decision? :dance:

Any recommendations appreciated. :P

I like the LCD flat panels. I use an inexpensive one (KDS) at work and have a good one (Sony) at home. The inexpensive one blows the CRT monitor next to it away.

When looking check for refresh rates, the faster the better. Contrast ratio is the other biggie, the higher the number the better the monitor will look (usually).

IF you want a good monitor at a fair price.

I would suggest looking at the Rosewill Monitors.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the info, I'm looking for a new monitor too.

One thing not clear on their web site is the overall height of the 19" model. Would you measure yours for me? I have limited vertical space (inside old roll top desk) and a lot of monitors won't fit because of the additional height added by the monitor base.

Thanks

Jim

Hubby and I both have ViewSonic 19" flat screens and we really like them. I'm not a fan of flat panels at all. I don't want my screen to dim if I look slightly off center. They're as bad as some of the big screen TVs where you only get a good view straight on.

That being said, if you want a flat panel, I think Sony looks the best. They're also one of the most expensive. :D

IF you want a good monitor at a fair price.

I would suggest looking at the Rosewill Monitors.

I have 3 on my desk and they are most excellent units.

19" LCD for $270 USD !!!

Here is a link for you to look at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824021015

Although i'm sure it was just a link to see the monitor (it does look very nice). Newegg doesn't ship internationally. if they did i'd have been a customer quite a few times right now :) as i love their prices and their selection.. C'est la vie. :dance:

"# Does Newegg.com ship internationally?

Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico."

Edited by Patricia

• 2 weeks later...

No birthdaypresent, Steve. But I bought one today. ;)

First thing I notice now when I browse the sites that are on my daily list is,

"WOW, is it like this they look!!!" :)

In other words, I have missed so much great before so I now wonder why I didn´t do the change earlier.