Link Padding

marie b.

On my blog -- link on profile, since I'm not allowed to post it -- I have expandable sidebar blocks.

The block has a left padding of 10px, so that the images aren't squished against the border.

The link to expand each block (beside the + and - signs) has a padding of 13px, since it won't work without it for some reason.

This padding is applied to all other links in the block too, which seriously fugs things up.

My problem is that I can't get the list of blog links to only pad to 10px - they're padded to over 20px, as far as I can make out.

I've deleted all padding and re-added it step by step, but can't seem to figure it out. The links are nested inside treemenu and treenode UL and LI tags, but I've also modified their padding to no avail.

Any help is appreciate.

(Link to CSS here.)

Edited by marie b.

It definitely has something to do with the LI and UL tags - I deleted UL tags that were nested inside the treenode LI tags, as I thought that they were surplus, and it messed the whole thing up.

My guess is that it's either a CSS issue or, worst case, a case of needing to slightly rewrite the script that the whole thing is based on.

Edited by marie b.

Sometimes, I'm so slow that I scare myself.

I overlooked the padding for the treemenu UL - it wasn't defined, and therefore was showing the default padding for a list (15px or 20px or so).

I added it and defined it as 0, and everything's fine. :)