Member Access help

Stacy

Hi everyone need some help. :( The site that I have is a paid membership. There will be pages that can be viewed by non members but then I want to create where membres who have paid through paypal will have their log in name and password to acess the rest. how do I do this? How do I create two different sites like this?

I already have my paypal account set up, and I am going to use Authpro for my memberships so from here what do I do? :eek:

Thanks again everyone!!! :)

Stacy

How about. Using this memberScript ive attached.

1) make a page for guests telling them to access the members page you need to pay etc

2) use the scripts register file for your new account maker.

3) once they have signed up you can see there email address and username in the admin panel only you can access (passwords are encrypted)

4) these members can access a temp welcome page

5) send them an invoice for the fee

6) once paypal clears it up and you got your money go to the members area and change there user permissions to a different level

levels

0 = guests

1= signed up awaiting billing info

2 = member can use memberarea to full

3 = only admins like you

hope that helps

(memberscript is freeware from mikehollaway.co.uk)

membersArea.zip

Thought its best untill you start getting more customers and bigger imcone realistically start small and then save up for a licenced script like fusionshop and asp-123easyshop. stores like play.com started of with non ssl and plain html pages. heck i bet TCH started of small :dance:

Thanks Kaz for the zip.. I saved it to my computer but not sure what to do now lol. Where do I start?? I am just lost and getting so frustrated. There are certian parts of my site that I want everyone to see so they can get a jist of what I have before they go ahead and join. Then there is the part that after they are verified through pay pal, they have a username and password to access the whole thing. This is what I am not sure on how to set up. How do I redirect them to that part of the site and keep everyone else out?

:dance:

Need a drink lol...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks Kaz for the zip.. I saved it to my computer but not sure what to do now lol. Where do I start?? I am just lost and getting so frustrated. There are certian parts of my site that I want everyone to see so they can get a jist of what I have before they go ahead and join. Then there is the part that after they are verified through pay pal, they have a username and password to access the whole thing. This is what I am not sure on how to set up. How do I redirect them to that part of the site and keep everyone else out?

:dance:

Need a drink lol...

Any ideas anyone?

Okay I see in C-Panel where you can pwd protect a certian folder, but in that folder are some of the pages I want people to see. Maybe I didn't set it up right, I just don't know.. I don't want to password protect my whole entire site.

Can you tell I am freakin here lol

Stacy

:)

Need a drink lol...

Any ideas anyone?

Okay I see in C-Panel where you can pwd protect a certian folder, but in that folder are some of the pages I want people to see. Maybe I didn't set it up right, I just don't know.. I don't want to password protect my whole entire site.

Can you tell I am freakin here lol

Stacy

OMG Thomas!!!! That was the answer I needed! I created a Protected Folder, put all my pages in that which is member acess only.. and WHAM.. password protected!! LOL.. Thank you sooo much!!! My headache is now gone and I can return to creating the fun stuf lol

Thank you so much!!!! :P