Email Birthday Reminders

wampthing

I am looking for a script that will allow me to send emails to my family to remind them about Birthdays.

(If another person forgets my birthday I'll....)

(...I digress)

Does anyone know of somthing that I can use to do that? I have used happybirthday.com, but Im looking for more flexibility without ads.

www.birthdayalarm.com :dance:

EDIT: Ooops... I posted this before reading that you had used happybirthday.com before...

Well, I'd say one of these sites is the easiest choice but you can always create a script that is run by a cron job everyday and checks a database to see if there's any birthday entry for the current day. If so, it will send an e-mail to the corresponding person.

Or, you can also search hotscripts.com for it, because I'm sure someone already did something like this :blink:

Edited by borfast

So if I did take Raul's Idea and do a cron job, is there any tutorial where I can learn how that works? I am completely lost as to how to do cron jobs. Even a tutorial as to how to back up your site would be helpfully.